• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Just took my truck to the voltex battery today and had new batteries installed, I figured its about time the old ones were 6 years old and weak. They put it 2 of the 65 group size blems (2nds) for $35.00 each, left there with $75.00 out the door with a 1 year warranty . I work at advance auto parts, part time and they are $90.00 each with my discount. If anyone has a battery store that sell blems that will save you a lot of money.

I've been getting mine (also group 65) from Costco and they have a 100 mo prorated warrenty. The set I just replaced was just 5years old and starting to get a little weak. Took them in and they gave me 40% of the purchase price back. Then I got two new ones and the old ones were the cores (no core charge). By the way when you take them back they don't test them or argue with you, just give you your refund. Jim

Just replaced my OEM batts in the 02 120k miles, in cold weather they were getting weak and after cold startups in the morning it would intermittantly miss until the grids quit cycling. This issue was cured with the new batts.:thumbup2: Had a hunch about it and it was a good one as I proved my hunch true after knowing the miss is now gone during cold starts. Figured the alt couldn't keep up with draw and the voltage to the vp44 was getting low causing a miss.

I am still running my OEM batteries. (knock on wood) I am gonna try to get one more year out of them.

Must be nice to live in "Mason/Dickhead" Land!!!! Ain't no way in "Sam Hell" you could get away with that up here!!!!:2cents: Here's to hoping you don't make it!!!!!:lmao::lmao2::evilgrin: Major sarcasm implied incase the smilies don't get it across!!!

Must be nice to live in "Mason/Dickhead" Land!!!! Ain't no way in "Sam Hell" you could get away with that up here!!!!:2cents: Here's to hoping you don't make it!!!!!:lmao::lmao2::evilgrin: Major sarcasm implied incase the smilies don't get it across!!!

If you use one of these pretty regular, you can pretty much double the life of your batteries: http://www.ctek.com/EN-US/consumer/mus-7002.aspx

I've been getting mine (also group 65) from Costco and they have a 100 mo prorated warrenty. The set I just replaced was just 5years old and starting to get a little weak. Took them in and they gave me 40% of the purchase price back. Then I got two new ones and the old ones were the cores (no core charge). By the way when you take them back they don't test them or argue with you, just give you your refund. Jim

What is "GROUP 65" :shrug:...i just bought 1-new Exide 995 CCA and getting ready to buy 1-more. nned to make sure i get the right one's Richie

What is "GROUP 65" :shrug:...i just bought 1-new Exide 995 CCA and getting ready to buy 1-more. nned to make sure i get the right one's

Richie

There should be a sticker on your battery giving the group size.

Battery Council International group size (BCI) specifies a battery's physical dimensions, such as length, width, and height. These groups are determined by the Battery Council International organization.

• Like 1

I just pulled the 65's off and put 27's on mine. The 65's are shorter all around than the 27's except they are a little wider and the battery hold downs dont fit them good. Our trucks came with 27's oem. Most places try to sell you 65's because they are cheaper but I would get 27's.

Here is a 27 (left) and 65 side by side

Posted Image

27 measures just under 7 inches

Posted Image

65 measure 7 1/4

Posted Image

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...