• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I didn't know where else to put this so, this is as close as i get it to the topic. I was reading through the code list thread and for testing it says "With DRBIII Scan Tool". How do i get my hands on such an expensive tool like that when they are priced over what i can afford? Are there other scan tools like this one that maybe Snap-On, Matco, or Mac Tools has?I'd really like to get my hands on one of these and have been wanting one for a while now.Thanks,Dave

hello and welcome to the site!not for sure on that one...wild&free or some of the others could help you with that.when you get a moment if you dont mind..fill out your sig....which that is some info about you truck...if it is stock...got some mods..or completed b.o.m.b.ed...again welcome!!:hyper:

i've got a very simple scanner from Matco Tools, I think i paid about 100 bucks for it about three or four years ago it pulls codes and clears them as well. Here is the updated version of mine i think!?!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

view large image

Posted ImagePosted ImageOBDII / EOBD & CAN SCAN TOOL

[*]Compatible with all 1996 and newer vehicles (OBDII & CAN)

[*]Read and display LIVE sensor data

[*]Displays over 15,000 generic and manufacturer specific definitions

[*]Displays all modes of OBDII data including O2 Monitor, Diagnostic Monitor Test and On Board Systems

[*]Free updates

[*]Includes: CAN400 Scan Tool, User manual, CD, USB cable and USB Port for receiving online updates.

[*]Live Data allows the user to view vehicle sensor, switch and relay inputs in real time, while the engine is running. This information helps pinpoint the problem components for a faster diagnosis.

[*]Displays generic and enhanced definitions on screen, State OBD check, OBDII Drive Cycle Mode and displays all 9 modes of OBDII data and meets European OBD standards.

[*]Read and display freeze frame data (snap-shot of vehicle data at the time of the fault)

[*]Read and display: MIL status,I/M monitors (emissions), pending DTC's,VIN number, CVN and Cal ID, O2 Monitor Test, Diagnostic Monitor Test, On Board Systems

[*]Read and erase diagnostic trouble codes

[*]OBDII information available: Read and display LIVE sensor data

[*]Additional Features: Over 15,000 code definitions, Field updateable via USB port, EOBD compatible, CE certification and Trilingual menu, manual and definitions (English, Spanish, French)

Part#: CAN400 Price: $139.95

That is what i'm looking for, something inexpensive such as the one you have. I can probably snag one from Matco next time i see him. I was just curious as to what sets the DRBIII apart from the rest but, priced at a little over $6000 i can pretty much guess why.

Welcome to the site, you can get a cheap scanner at walmart or any auto parts store. Im sure one from snap-on or the like would be expensive. Serveral member have a scan-gauge and I have an ultra-gauge and they read codes and do alot of other features. http://ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/index.htm

this thing is cool!!:drool:

--- Update to the previous post...

Welcome to the site, you can get a cheap scanner at walmart or any auto parts store. Im sure one from snap-on or the like would be expensive. Serveral member have a scan-gauge and I have an ultra-gauge and they read codes and do alot of other features. http://ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/index.htm

these things are cool!!:drool:

Well if whitelightning is post that then the competition is Scangauge II... Can be found at most Autozone part sotres as well... Or www.scangauge.com

so are these!!!:drool:

SG has been out alot longer the UG but for 1/3 the price I took a chance with the UG and glad I did. It seems to be of quality but I have been having some problems with it about 3 times in the past week with it not reading mpg's. It just says err so I unplug-replug and its back to working right again. I think they both do pretty much the same things so its really up to you. I do know that the UG does not come with instructions but you can get on line and print them off and there is a forum that you can ask questions on.