• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tire Air Pressure

I would look at them a little closer. They should be 80psi. To be load range E they pretty much have to be 80psi max, you can't support load range E weight if they can't hold that much pressure. From what I am seeing, Load range E is 80psi, D is 65, C is 50. It should say load range on the side, maybe yours says D.

• Owner

I've ran as low as...

[*]50 PSI front

[*]40 PSI rear

And run as high as...

[*]70 PSI front

[*]60 PSI rear

I'm finding yes the lower number do produce a nicer ride but at a cost of 1-2 MPGs... But the high pressures do perform better MPG wise but does produce a very stiff ride.

Like when I'm wood hauling I aim for a high tire pressure... But if I'm going to be the Cummins Skidder for a day I'll reduce my tire pressures for a better bite in the ground for pulling. This also works for snow and sand.

When I had my '99, I kept 70psi in the fronts and rears on the OEM LT245/75 16E Michelins and the Cooper Discoverer AT's in LT265/75 16E's. Then, as now, I usually have a trailer of some kind in tow and don't like airing up and down all the time.With the tight/heavy suspension on these trucks, I think it rides better with "hard" tires.