• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Finished my Fooler

I finished my fooler the day after x-mas. I managed to find a 3 position on-on-on switch for the fast idle and a project box that fit perfectly in my ashtray. My only screw-up was on the label for the "Normal" on the fast idle side (the L doesn't show). In hindsite I wish I would have gone "Normal" on the bottom, "3 Cyl." in the middle and "6 Cyl." on the top; that way both switches would have been down in the Normal position. Today was the first time I tried, even after I drove the truck to NAPA to get a headlamp for my wife's car, it fast idled with the switches in the "6 Cyl." and "123F" positions. I thought this was a one time shot at start up, but for grins I thought I'd give it a try this afternoon. I did not shut the truck off and re-start and it was at operating temperature. I thought it was kinda cool, I was under the impression that I had to restart the truck to get the 6 Cyl. fast idle to re-initiate.post-10572-138698175231_thumb.jpg

post-10572-138698175224_thumb.jpg

• Owner

Nice find on the switch... :thumb1: That is one thing I don't have up here in Idaho is good stocked Radio Shack... You can fit all there stuff in a single closet... :rolleyes: As for re-starting the last mode of operation you should be able to flip the coolant fooler on and it should revert right back to the last mode of operation so if you started with 3 cylinder that will be the mode it resumes again...

DieselD24, I will be in Denver on Friday, not sure what time, I will have my SMARTY with me. I have to do something at The Childrens Hospital. We can throw a tune on yours and then return it to stock so that you have the high idle feature and 3 cylinder idle. 719-six8o-o171 Stodg73

If the feature is enabled, the only parameters that have to be met in order to turn the high idle off is hit the brake, be moving faster than 1 mph, putting the vehicle in any other gear besides park(hit the brake pedal). There is no waiting to move, turn the truck off, anything. When the SMARTY tune is uploaded and then the ECM is returned to stock, the high idle/3 cylinder idle is left behind.

• Owner

I finished my fooler the day after x-mas. I managed to find a 3 position on-on-on switch for the fast idle and a project box that fit perfectly in my ashtray. My only screw-up was on the label for the "Normal" on the fast idle side (the L doesn't show). In hindsite I wish I would have gone "Normal" on the bottom, "3 Cyl." in the middle and "6 Cyl." on the top; that way both switches would have been down in the Normal position. Today was the first time I tried, even after I drove the truck to NAPA to get a headlamp for my wife's car, it fast idled with the switches in the "6 Cyl." and "123F" positions. I thought this was a one time shot at start up, but for grins I thought I'd give it a try this afternoon. I did not shut the truck off and re-start and it was at operating temperature. I thought it was kinda cool, I was under the impression that I had to restart the truck to get the 6 Cyl. fast idle to re-initiate. [ATTACH=CONFIG]2451[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2452[/ATTACH]

Thinking back on this again... Q: Could you get a picture of the switch? Q: Where did you buy the switch at? (Link to web site please) I love the design idea and would like to get more information on this change so I can included it in the write up of the site so others can have the option too. :smart: