• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ladies and Gentlemen I Present To You...

DieselD24

....Your new Electronics Engineer Technologist. Did all the paperwork and got registered for my Bachelors. I'm very excited and thought, why not spread the word. I do plan and hope to obtains a scrap VP44 control module and tear into that as a future project for the class. It'll be quite interesting in figuring out the logic behind the unit's circuitry, I think.Well, thanks people!

Good job.The diesel world needs you.The vp project is a nice intro.If you could tear into a ecm and figure out the tm you could sell a bunch.It seems smarty can only remove 70% of it.The rad box removes it all but it also hinders gauges that are needed to race.

• Owner

Yeah, that would be quite awesome! But why would one want to write their own code? :shrug:

Why not have software like EFI Live for Ford and Chevy's where they are capable of writing there own code into the ECM's. Dodge is the only one without any kind of software like that currently. Even Subaru has RomRaider that allows a re-write of the ECM. Smarty and SuperChips are weak version of this.

Why not have software like EFI Live for Ford and Chevy's where they are capable of writing there own code into the ECM's. Dodge is the only one without any kind of software like that currently. Even Subaru has RomRaider that allows a re-write of the ECM. Smarty and SuperChips are weak version of this.

We are in the lean years.98.5 to 02.Our truck years are brushed under the carpet.The vp turned out to be a joke,cummins moved on with the 3rd gen fuel system.Some day (maybe with guys like DieselD24) someone will throw us a bone.

• Owner

There was a guy long ago on CF.com that was managing to pick the ECM apart using RomRaider and was figuring out how to re-write the ECM software to his own liking. Also he tore into the VP44... But the great hurricane Katrina came and his site disappeared... Personally I would love to be able to re-write a bunch of stuff... Like cruise control min speed is set for 35 MPH drop that to 5 MPH. See a clear copy of of the timing tables and fueling maps. Be able to disable the grid heaters completely.Do away with Torque Management.(Rumor) There is already software present for low fuel pressure switch to be used on the ECM (Engine shut down on low fuel pressure)

Well, I must say... First day of math wasn't so bad. But I haven't even met my English class instructor and I already have assignments due tomorrow. I haven't even started that class!! Tomorrow is my first day!!

This feels so like high school and waiting to the very last minute to get sh** done!

God, how juvenile... :doh:

--- Update to the previous post...

Oh, and yes, I will take a crack at the VP44 control module. That is my main goal.

Anybody got a VP44 control module laying around I can use as a donor, or ECM for that matter? :lmao::lmao::lmao: