• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Stacks Question

I have never understood dual stacks with a single turbine down-pipe... just sayin... I like the mitre cut ones as well, and if it weren't for the loss of bed space I'd run one.

I prefer the single, as well. Sent from my rooted and Android-ROM'd HP Touchpad (CM9)

• 1 month later...

Is your truck a pavement queen? I don't understand pluming exhaust in the bed of a truck, it just don't make sense if you use your truck for what it is intended for. I would imagine anything around the truck would end up at some point having a nice coating of black soot on it. 4" straight pipe with 5" tip out the passenger rear, looks nice, sounds awesome, and you have the ability to use the entire bed of your truck. :thumb1:

There are a few guys in south jersey running around with big dual stacks. It looks rediculously phalic. I suspect they are big boys whom are lacking in other certain areas.

LoL i agree with you anything over 6 inch is just to big to me that is to each his own... then again about the compensating part you said around here there is a local 18yr old girl who drive's a 2001 dodge 2500 cummins stock truck with a stock exhaust system with a miter cut stack attached as the tail pipe a 16' miter cut at that!!! it hit's the bottom of the bed, the rear bumper, almost the tire and when she goes over the speed bump's at wally world....the ground too!! :banghead:

post-12444-138698201349_thumb.jpg If you want stack's but would miss the bed use have them run like this or if size is what you want how about this one

post-12444-138698201357_thumb.jpg<------- :ahhh::cookoo: :banghead: :lmao2: sorry couldn't resist's it

- - - Updated - - -

I want stacks but I'm like some of y'all about cutting my bed. My dad had an old 77 Ford F 100 had stacks that laid down under the doors and came out in front if the wheels. I've been thinking about doing that.

Something like these Which are so awesome looking just wish i knew who made the kit's I would happily buy :spend:...post-12444-138698201366_thumb.jpg

post-12444-138698201361_thumb.jpg

Something like these Which are so awesome looking just wish i knew who made the kit's I would happily buy :spend:... [ATTACH=CONFIG]5443[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5444[/ATTACH]

That just looks like a 60" vertical stack laid down under the rocker.. :shrug: (is that ramhunter9's red truck?)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5441[/ATTACH] If you want stack's but would miss the bed use have them run like this or if size is what you want how about this one

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5442[/ATTACH]<------- :ahhh::cookoo: :banghead: :lmao2: sorry couldn't resist's it

- - - Updated - - -

Something like these Which are so awesome looking just wish i knew who made the kit's I would happily buy :spend:...[ATTACH=CONFIG]5443[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5444[/ATTACH]

I think I like the sides on the red truck best... With a little ingenuity they could double as nerf bars:thumbup2: You just would`nt want to dally around too long when the EGTs get toasty:whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

I have twin 6" miter cut stacks on my 01, I also run a muffler and the noise is not bad even with both windows down. at idle and normal crusin' speed you hear the engine moe than the exhaust. Under heavy load or hard acceleration the exhaust can get pretty loud. I originally had no muffler but it was unbearable on long trips. A few headaches and a really upset fiance later, I put the muffler on er. I can still haul a cord of wood with ease, Even with my toolbox back there. Plywood, dimensional and rough cut lumber at 12' is no issue either. Only issue was stone, it was a pain to get all of it out, lol :lmao:. Another bigger I ran into was plastic bags, I threw few bags back there and 40 minutes later when I got home I smelled burning plastic. Well the bags found the hot stacks and melted, lol. Mick

• 1 month later...

Single 6 or 7 inch Mitre stack looks Bada$$ on any truck. Twins and aussies look over kill on many trucks I seen. Looked cool as help on some .. I think it how the rest of ur truck is setup to balance things out, for the looks part atleast... Just my opinion. sent from my cell...