• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ok I feel like an idiot I have almost every gauge known to man in my truck but I wanted to put some on the a pillar so I thought just go buy and a pillar pod right. I did and it was suposed to be cut to fit and basicly glued to the old one I sent it back thinking I could find a better mount with no avail does any one know of a pod that just replaces the stock one and clips in where the stock one did is this possible or am I asking to much :shrug:

I have the glowshift gauges and i had to use oem a pillar with their cover. Mine has the speaker in it also. I found one at wrecking yard that did not have speaker ($15.00). Had to drill hole in middle to get speaker wire through ome used peice, and notch the bottom for gauge wire to go through at the dash. It has 4 small screws with caps on each corner to hold the two together. looked pretty clean to me. Just be careful with the speaker, it will come apart and not work, if not real careful.

• Like 1

Thanks much guys that really helps and I have a plan :) Im sorry I just saw no way of making that cover look good so I decided to cut it apart buy a old pillar from the scrapyard and mold the pieces together with fiberglass I did it once before in a race car and the texture didnt look right so against the other one but I think I can match the two sides together and make it look right :thumb1: I'll keep you up to date with pics and such

• 2 weeks later...

There in and usable but not in their final place I lost some of my sight line with the a pillar setup Iwas making and I didnt care for that so Im back to the drawing board and for those with automatics you may like it or not but you cant do this with a truck with a manual transmission to my knowledge. You remove your cup holders and put those as well as some storage on the transmission tunnel then in there place I intended on filling that in with a piece of aluminum but that all depends if I can find a way to make it relativly simple. :shrug: who knows they may just stay on the tunnel in a perminent mount but you cant see them very well.

There in and usable but not in their final place I lost some of my sight line with the a pillar setup Iwas making and I didnt care for that so Im back to the drawing board and for those with automatics you may like it or not but you cant do this with a truck with a manual transmission to my knowledge. You remove your cup holders and put those as well as some storage on the transmission tunnel then in there place I intended on filling that in with a piece of aluminum but that all depends if I can find a way to make it relativly simple. :shrug: who knows they may just stay on the tunnel in a perminent mount but you cant see them very well.

I, personally, prefer any gauge of function to be near line of sight. Last thing I want to do is check my fuel pressure, only to look up and find myself in the ditch, headed for a tree at a high rate of speed.. Not that my truck is fast, mind you..

2g has offset hazard switch. 3G has centered switch. That is why no dual pods for us 2g guys. :banghead:

sucks Really want an extra two guages and that mneas pulling my 2x off the pillar and replacing with a 3x and then using a single steering .... hmm ..

I agree with the need for them to be in your line of site but with me being mostly blind in my left eye it just didnt seem right and I decided that I can see my radio just fine at a glance so if I either removed the cup holders and put them there in that pocket or if I could make the holder stationary and put them right above the holder I dont know there sitting in a mount on the floor under the cup holders at this point and its not causing much problem except that I forget that I have them hiding down there :duh: I will admit look down there to long and you'll prolly be in the ditch :lol: