• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I recently replaced my VP44 and installed an Airdog 150. I started with the bigger spring because I wanted more than 15 psi, but I was getting 20 - 21. I changed the spring and now I have 19-20 psi. This seems a little high to me. Any suggestions on adjusting it? Also the only port for the gauge is on the pump. Is this ok? Before is was on the vp44 fitting.

The pump pressure's vary a little with diff. spring's. What I have been told is not to go over 25lbs. My AD 150 started out at 18 and now I am down to 15.50. I think your fine. And yes come off the pump for your gauge.

• Like 1

The pump pressure's vary a little with diff. spring's. What I have been told is not to go over 25lbs. My AD 150 started out at 18 and now I am down to 15.50. I think your fine. And yes come off the pump for your gauge.

This is ok but it won't give you any indication of when your filter is plugging, if you're running the stock filter. If you have it between your filter and the vp44 it will show a reduction in pressure when your filter is getting plugged.

• Owner

I've got my pressure gauge setup in the line before the VP44. (Old School Big Line). I'm also running the stock fuel filter to with my AirDog 150. As for fuel pressure I just re-adjusted mine with a extra shim and sitting at 18 PSI at idle and 16 at WOT. As of filter change when I get to 15 PSI I will change filters on the AirDog again. But like my last filter change the pressure didn't rise again. This is because the check ball in the regulator got crammed down in the coils of the spring so when I pulled it back out the pressure rose again. So I figure might as well add a extra shim to it...

That's a good psi at idle. What is it at WOT? The check valve on the pump opens at 14 psi. So anything above is good.

Its about 17-18 WOT. I'm assuming the gauge port on the pump is on the output to the vp44 so if it is, what's the difference if the sending unit is on the vp44 fitting or on the airdog? Its just different ends of the same line. :shrug:

I've been having a problem with my pressure. It's running between 20 and 21 while cruising but then it'll start bouncing down to 17 or 18. I just can't figure why it'd do something like this. I have a shim in the spring to be getting 20 psi but doubt if it'd be causing a problem. Any ideas?

I've been having a problem with my pressure. It's running between 20 and 21 while cruising but then it'll start bouncing down to 17 or 18. I just can't figure why it'd do something like this. I have a shim in the spring to be getting 20 psi but doubt if it'd be causing a problem. Any ideas?

Maybe air in the line going to your gauge. I have my gauge on one of the ports coming off my 98 stock cannister, will I be able to tell when my filter needs changed w this configuration? Also morning pressure was a tick under 15 @ 55 but on the way back was a tick over 15 @ 70, why the variation? Dave