• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Guess i'm starting to get old

Any one ever tore the cartilage in their wrists? :yme:Not even sure how I did it, just at work a few weeks ago and my wrist started to hurt. Got progressively worse and finally formed a bump. Bump started out about a 1/4" and now is about 1". Doctor referred me to an orthopedic which in turn sent me for MRI's. The results came back and say that I have torn the Triangular Fibro Cartilage Complex or TFCC and as a result a ganglion cyst has formed. I couldn't get back in to see the orthopedic but my doctor said most likely they will want to do surgery because the damage seems to be getting worse every time he sees me. I really don't feel like I am working it any harder than I ever have and he claims it isn't related to the carpal tunnel syndrome I already have.Luckily the day it started hurting I had asked my manager for ibuprofen and he gave me a speech about filing an accident report anytime you feel injured whether you can place your finger on how you did it or not. :nono:The doctor said he wouldn't know for sure but in his experience it usually takes 8-12 weeks to recover. Hopefully I don't loose wages. :spend:

Luckily the day it started hurting I had asked my manager for ibuprofen and he gave me a speech about filing an accident report anytime you feel injured whether you can place your finger on how you did it or not. :nono:

That was good advice! I use to tell my salesmen the same thing. When it comes to workmens comp insurance they just about make you die before they want to pay for an injury without any prior documentation on file. Good luck on the recovery when that comes into play!

Take it from me never ever file workmens comp as long as you still have insurance. They will let you die before they do s---. 3 months of back pain and crawling to the living room just to see new walls. They have given me cortizone shots, up to two months later:cry:.

Take it from me never ever file workmens comp as long as you still have insurance. They will let you die before they do s---. 3 months of back pain and crawling to the living room just to see new walls. They have given me cortizone shots, up to two months later:cry:.

Well I do have insurance, unfortunately I think they would let me die also lol. The doctor told me that they had denied a bunch of claims he put through on this kind of injury unless you could prove there was a trauma. I can't. I was working, obviously using my hands as I always do and something popped/snapped. Just felt tender for a bit and progressed. Now I have a lump. However while I went in for the doc to inspect the lump it turns out that it is not a problem per say but a symptom according to him. It formed because of the damage and didn't cause the damage. He even agrees that the snapping/pop sensation was most likely the tendon letting go, but the insurance is most likely going to fight it. Makes me wonder if I should just shell out the cash and have my insurance cover it or fight it if they do in fact try to deny it. I know this company that does my works workmen's comp insurance was under investigation by the state and local news not to long ago so I suppose we will see if their tactics change.

• 3 weeks later...

Well got out of surgery. Last thing i needed to here was the surgeon telling me he successfully removed the cyst but couldn't fix the tfcc. So the bump is gone but the underlying problem is not. Basically told me the insurance wouldn't cover a corrective procedure because it would require ulnar shortening i.e. bone removal.

If you filled out an accident report at work it is a work comp injury. Plain and simple. Your health insurance has nothing to do with payment. The work comp carrier is billed directly and you should not have to pay out a penny.

If you filled out an accident report at work it is a work comp injury. Plain and simple. Your health insurance has nothing to do with payment. The work comp carrier is billed directly and you should not have to pay out a penny.

It was billed under work comp for the procedure I just had. The doctor tells me that rarely does work comp insurance (Pinnacol) ever approve of ulnar shortening, which is the procedure he would have to perform to fix the tfcc. Certainly an issue I will press. I am also having issues with my work. Our HR person is a promoted receptionist on a power trip. Colorado law states that work comp insurance doesn't start reimbursing wages for 3 days so for the first three days the employer can use your sick time. Which is fine I have a ton I have never used. After however they are suppose to reimburse you 2/3 you normal weekly wage. She is refusing to do anything or even release my sick time till I personally bring a letter to her stating "i am under the doctors care for this week i'm off." First off all my vehicles are manual transmissions plus I have two kids and trying to juggle kids and a stick shift in Denver traffic with one hand is not very easy. Secondly I don't see where it is my responsibility to get her more documentation. I gave her every sheet the doctor gave me. The last one states "return to work pending surgery, off one full week beginning day of surgery, weight restriction after surgery 2#." Also at the beginning of all this they made me sign a medical release so my employer could speak to my doctor. So why do I need to run errands for her? They have a fax and a phone. Her attitude today is pushing me to the point I am tempted to get an attorney cause she has done nothing but fight me this entire time and I will not stand by and let her short me money especially if it is coming from my earned sick time. Just crap if you ask me.

Maybe you should discuss it with an attorney that has a free initial consultation.

I am contacting a few. Thing is I really don't care about money so much. This lady in HR seems to think everyone is out for a settlement. I DON'T WANT A SETTLEMENT, I WANT MY HAND TO WORK. Is it that hard to believe I work for the money and at the end of the day I would like the ability to pick my kids up. Isn't the point of this system to fix a work related injury and get you back to work? Why does it seem like my employer is fighting me so hard? You think they would want this injury to get fixed and for me to get back to work. Besides it isn't their money, it is their insurance. I don't fight my wife when she wants to take the kids to the doctor, I pay for the policy use it.

Are you getting anywhere with your HR?

Well to make a long story short a previous manager that recommended the job moved to corporate. My attitude is well known to her. I called her and told her to get her a... down there because I was about to leave. She came and pulled me into an office. I told her what was happening and she left very angry. Next thing I know a guy from Texas is handling my paper work and I am being told they are fixing it. The H.R. lady has been very very quiet around every one despite the fact she was joking last week about people getting fired for opposing her. I guess it pays to know people in higher places. I seriously thought I would get fired and the company was allowing this but apparently they didn't know. So kudos to the corporation for setting things straight so far. On a side note the surgeon told me today that my wrist was ruined. Basically he stated I could have the bone cut 3mm to relieve stress but it would simply increase my time. Otherwise it was just worn out. It was the last thing I wanted to hear. I still have many years with my two kids and I don't want to spend them with a bum hand. In my sons first four years of life I have had too much fun showing him how to cause trouble to stop now lol. However we will see how it goes. I am told that Colorado requires retraining by work comp insurance for a career that will support a permanent disability. Hopefully if it gets that far it is a career I can tolerate cause I can't think of one that would make me happy without using my hand.

Hm.... Invent a fake wrist and you will be all set! Yea...... Anyhow, I am glad that you stood up to her and are finally getting some answers even if they are not what you wanted to hear. At least you can work on what you need to do for the future.