• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

:hyper:Thanks to all replies. Drilled and tapped last nite. Wasn't to hard, had a little trouble tapping until I realized drilled hole was to small. Drilled 1 size larger tapped out just fine. I got the didigal gauge like ISX it is a great gauge. Thanks again for all the help.:thumb1::):):)

:hyper:Thanks to all replies. Drilled and tapped last nite. Wasn't to hard, had a little trouble tapping until I realized drilled hole was to small. Drilled 1 size larger tapped out just fine. I got the didigal gauge like ISX it is a great gauge. Thanks again for all the help.:thumb1::):):)

That gauge is just cadillac! I will never go back. I thought maybe it would have refresh rate issues or maybe be inaccurate or something but the refresh rate seems to be twice per second which is plenty fast from all that I have used it and the accuracy can be checked every morning when the gauge reads the same as ambient. There is a relay on it that I want to figure out a use for, you might have noticed a blue light turn on at 900F (default setting), well that is a relay kicking on as well and you can set that thing for any temp you want. One of the buttons is also a max EGT recall, and you can reset it by holding down one of the buttons (not sure which of the 2 buttons do this, one dims/brightens it). Only issue I have had with it is in 20F or lower temps it will work for a mile but then start freaking out, like it goes to 9999 then all over the place. It just needs a tiny bit of heat, once your vents start blowing air warmer than 20F, it will work again. Not really an issue since I don't think you're going to be running over 1200F EGT on a truck that is still below 20F.
  • Like 1

That gauge is just cadillac! I will never go back. I thought maybe it would have refresh rate issues or maybe be inaccurate or something but the refresh rate seems to be twice per second which is plenty fast from all that I have used it and the accuracy can be checked every morning when the gauge reads the same as ambient. There is a relay on it that I want to figure out a use for, you might have noticed a blue light turn on at 900F (default setting), well that is a relay kicking on as well and you can set that thing for any temp you want. One of the buttons is also a max EGT recall, and you can reset it by holding down one of the buttons (not sure which of the 2 buttons do this, one dims/brightens it). Only issue I have had with it is in 20F or lower temps it will work for a mile but then start freaking out, like it goes to 9999 then all over the place. It just needs a tiny bit of heat, once your vents start blowing air warmer than 20F, it will work again. Not really an issue since I don't think you're going to be running over 1200F EGT on a truck that is still below 20F.

ISX The paperwork that came with my gauge says that you can hook up a buzzer to that relay that will sound off at the preset temp along with the lite. The wiring diagram shows to hook up + to terminal #1 and- to terminal #5 if you want a buzzer. On mine changed alarm set point to 1100 since I reach 900 just getting to stop sign 1/2 mile from house. Of course comes right back to 400 quickly. I really like knowing when truck gets to 300 or under to shut off.:thumb1:

ISX The paperwork that came with my gauge says that you can hook up a buzzer to that relay that will sound off at the preset temp along with the lite. The wiring diagram shows to hook up + to terminal #1 and- to terminal #5 if you want a buzzer. On mine changed alarm set point to 1100 since I reach 900 just getting to stop sign 1/2 mile from house. Of course comes right back to 400 quickly. I really like knowing when truck gets to 300 or under to shut off.:thumb1:

You can pretty well do anything with that relay. I was thinking of hooking up water injection to it. With mine where it is under the top of the dash in the instrument panel, that blue light that comes on is pretty obvious so I would never need a buzzer haha. I do need to figure out how to change the limit to 1100. I actually have a hard time getting to 900 with how I drive but I still don't want to see that light that early. My other gauge was way off under maybe 400F. I always wondered why I could idle all day and never get down to 300, thought it was a 12V thing, then I get this gauge and I get down under 300F just as fast as the 24v's. Crappy gauges can cost a lot of idle time money...

ISX here's how I changed mine. Push set button, use > button to move blinking number to far right, use up button to change 0 to 1. gauge should read 0001. Push set button, gauge should read AH1 push set button gauge should read 900. Use > and up button to change to temp you want. I also changed lower limit to 1000. This is change under AH2. I can send copy of instructions if needed.

• Like 1

I didn't know it was that easy :banghead:I made a video of it for the next guy. Not sure why they were both 900, the thing turns on at 900 and stays on till it drops under 800. Who knows. Thanks a lot for teaching me how to use that thing! Where did you put yours?

I didn't know it was that easy :banghead: I made a video of it for the next guy. Not sure why they were both 900, the thing turns on at 900 and stays on till it drops under 800. Who knows. Thanks a lot for teaching me how to use that thing! Where did you put yours?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=-71qD0vSoY4

I put mine on top of steering column. Although I like yours better, at times during day can't read gauge due to bright sunlight. When I get a little spare time:lol: I will move to the same as yours. Glad I could pass some help back to this great forum and repay some for the help I have recieved.:thumb1:

I put mine on top of steering column. Although I like yours better, at times during day can't read gauge due to bright sunlight. When I get a little spare time:lol: I will move to the same as yours. Glad I could pass some help back to this great forum and repay some for the help I have recieved.:thumb1:

You probably can tell but all I did was pulled that black thing out and drilled 2 tiny holes for a zip tie. They are 1/8" I think so even if I get rid of it for whatever reason, nobody is going to notice holes they have to look up from under the steering column to see, maybe :neutral: The wires just go straight back and over the gauges, there is a pretty good gap there from the factory so that worked perfect.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

You probably can tell but all I did was pulled that black thing out and drilled 2 tiny holes for a zip tie. They are 1/8" I think so even if I get rid of it for whatever reason, nobody is going to notice holes they have to look up from under the steering column to see, maybe :neutral: The wires just go straight back and over the gauges, there is a pretty good gap there from the factory so that worked perfect.

:hyper:Just got my egt gauge moved up under dash bezel like yours. I like it much better there can see it at all times.

:hyper:Just got my egt gauge moved up under dash bezel like yours. I like it much better there can see it at all times.

It's definitely the premo spot, thinking about getting another one and setting it up for oil pressure since the stock gauge is going nuts and it's nothing but an indicator anyways. Plan was to put it right next to the EGT one. That would make for 4 red displays at night :lmao: