• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

BHAF - Life in Idaho

• Owner

Well I know some of you seen my firewood video now here is a short video clip of the life of my BHAF... :stuned:

My first BHAF last 7 years and 135K miles before I finally gave up because the media was finally darkening on the inside of the filter but the filter minder never moved. I've check the filter minder several times and it still functions just fine...

I get the same around here this time of year. Most of the barns I work at have long gravel drives..........couple that with the sand that blows out of the arenas and the dried stall shavings flying around; it gets pretty dusty here at times.Not to mention my hunting trips to North Dakota every year...............it's usually dry up there in October.................and we put on essentially 650-1000 miles on gravel roads whilst up there. Same thing on my hunting trip to SE Missouri every year. A lot of dry gravel road down there also!!Mike, I've got the pre-filter/filter cover/filter condom over my Fram Boost 2 filter. I didn't see a pre-filter over yours in the video. Are you no longer running one, or didn't I see it???:shrug:

• Owner

Why where you following so close for then?:doh::banghead:

Because my friend has never been up there before and thought nothing about driving up the hill with the trailer but since I've been here done that I agreed to follow close enough that I could honk the horn to alert him to steep grades coming... 6% or 7% is childs play. Try 12% to 16% grades... :stuned: Then I'm using a exhaust brake... Buddy doesn't have one on his 1st gen... So grab 1st gear and tap the brakes all the way down.

I get the same around here this time of year. Most of the barns I work at have long gravel drives..........couple that with the sand that blows out of the arenas and the dried stall shavings flying around; it gets pretty dusty here at times. Not to mention my hunting trips to North Dakota every year...............it's usually dry up there in October.................and we put on essentially 650-1000 miles on gravel roads whilst up there. Same thing on my hunting trip to SE Missouri every year. A lot of dry gravel road down there also!! Mike, I've got the pre-filter/filter cover/filter condom over my Fram Boost 2 filter. I didn't see a pre-filter over yours in the video. Are you no longer running one, or didn't I see it???:shrug:

:lmao2::lmao: That outerwear had holes in it so fast that it was worthless in about 6 months for washboard roads and it jiggling around just absolutely ruined it in a short order... Now after being without all these years I found as long as the filter is kept dry and doesn't get oil on it it will self shed the dust from the road vibration. So every washboard road I travel just shakes the dust right out of it again. The most I will do is turn the filter over 180* so the top is down and it will shake lose the dust. As a matter of fact I'm going to have to build a new aluminum heat shield soon the vibration and dust is going to wear holes through the metal... :duh: But I check the filter minder twice a year and place the nipple to my lips and pull a light vacuum on it if the disk pulls down to the end then its working fine. So till the disk moves I'm not going to worry about changing filters again.

• Staff

But I check the filter minder twice a year and place the nipple to my lips and pull a light vacuum on it if the disk pulls down to the end then its working fine. So till the disk moves I'm not going to worry about changing filters again.

Then nipple to mouth test can't be beat!