• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

150,000 Mile Maintenance

dorkweed

Actually I'm 149+ right now, but I've got a lot of "booked" weekends coming up, and the early goose season starts Sept. 1; so I figured I'd get a head start on things. We're also leaving for North Dakota in October and I wanted all this done prior so I ain't rushing thru this maintenance.

What I've scheduled is this:

1. Drain and refill both diffs.

2. Drain and refill the tranny.

3. Drain and refill the transfer case.

4. Drain the cooling system and refill with fresh coolant.

5. Change out upper and lower radiator hoses while draining coolant. First time!!

6. Change out the thermostat while doing 4 and 5. First time!!!

7. Change out OEM 7micron FF and my GDP 2micron FF.

8. Drain and refill the crankcase with fresh oil, change the OEM filter and bypass TP..................yeah, I know..................but the truck is 7 years old now................and I'm gonna do yearly changes but still change out the TP at 2500-3000 miles intervals and add make up oil.

9. Replace track bar bushings. Seems like I'm always correcting back and forth. All other parts are tight. It's worth a try!!! I got some urethane ones. I'll report on them once I get them installed.

10. Grease all my grease-ables...Axle U-joints, ball joints, tie-rod ends, rear drive shaft u-joints and steering box stabilizer. I do these about every 5,000 anyhow!!

11. Replace wiper blades.

12. Clean the air filter.

13. Blinker fluid and muffler bearings!!

If y'all can think of anything else, please post up. I'd sure appreciate it. My tires are good for about another 10,000. But, if we have a lot of snow this winter, I may have to spring for them a bit early. I've got almost 68,000 on the Cooper Discoverer ATR's!!! Not too bad IMHO!!:smart: Later!!

--- Update to the previous post...

After I posted the this, I went back into the garage to see what size wrench/socket I would need to change out the track bar bushings.:smart:

Well wouldn't you know it..............guess what size the bolts are???????:shrug: You guessed it..........18mm!!!!!!!:duh: This is the first time I've ever seen 18mm bolts!!!!:mad: And you guessed it, I don't have a 18mm socket!!!! What were they thinking?????:2cents:

All that said, I've got a good bud with a good tool set..............hopefully he'll have an 8mm socket!!!!!:ahhh::shrug:

I like to change the serpentine belt every 50,000 miles.:2cents: I call it my insurance policy!

I hear you there man!!!:thumb1: I changed out the serpentine belt at 100,000 miles, and the OEM one looked and felt the same as the new one I replaced it with!!!!!:duh: So I kept the old one.........because I'm a cheap ___, if'n you know what I mean!!!!:lmao2: Thanks!!:smart:

Actually I'm 149+ right now, but I've got a lot of "booked" weekends coming up, and the early goose season starts Sept. 1; so I figured I'd get a head start on things. We're also leaving for North Dakota in October and I wanted all this done prior so I ain't rushing thru this maintenance.

What I've scheduled is this:

1. Drain and refill both diffs.

2. Drain and refill the tranny.

3. Drain and refill the transfer case.

4. Drain the cooling system and refill with fresh coolant.

5. Change out upper and lower radiator hoses while draining coolant. First time!!

6. Change out the thermostat while doing 4 and 5. First time!!!

7. Change out OEM 7micron FF and my GDP 2micron FF.

8. Drain and refill the crankcase with fresh oil, change the OEM filter and bypass TP..................yeah, I know..................but the truck is 7 years old now................and I'm gonna do yearly changes but still change out the TP at 2500-3000 miles intervals and add make up oil.

9. Replace track bar bushings. Seems like I'm always correcting back and forth. All other parts are tight. It's worth a try!!! I got some urethane ones. I'll report on them once I get them installed.

10. Grease all my grease-ables...Axle U-joints, ball joints, tie-rod ends, rear drive shaft u-joints and steering box stabilizer. I do these about every 5,000 anyhow!!

11. Replace wiper blades.

12. Clean the air filter.

13. Blinker fluid and muffler bearings!!

If y'all can think of anything else, please post up. I'd sure appreciate it. My tires are good for about another 10,000. But, if we have a lot of snow this winter, I may have to spring for them a bit early. I've got almost 68,000 on the Cooper Discoverer ATR's!!! Not too bad IMHO!!:smart: Later!!

After I posted the this, I went back into the garage to see what size wrench/socket I would need to change out the track bar bushings.:smart:

Well wouldn't you know it..............guess what size the bolts are???????:shrug: You guessed it..........18mm!!!!!!!:duh: This is the first time I've ever seen 18mm bolts!!!!:mad: And you guessed it, I don't have a 18mm socket!!!! What were they thinking?????:2cents:

All that said, I've got a good bud with a good tool set..............hopefully he'll have an 8mm socket!!!!!:ahhh::shrug:

JFYI, I've already done number 1, 2, 3, and 7!!!:thumb1::2cents:

Just got done with 4, 6, 9 and 11 today. Would've done 5, but the lower hose looked like a PITA to change and they (both hoses) still felt fine to me. I'll keep the new ones for emergency.

How old are your brake and power steering fluids? Two of the most neglected fluids in the automotive world.

New calipers, rotors, pads and fluid for the brakes about 10k ago. I drained the PS fluid and replaced with fresh at 100k.

I hear that Cajflynn!!! In another few months, I'll have the change out the air in my tires too. Can't be running summer air in the tires in the winter!!!

I can't believe I forgot about changing out the air. I am totally embarassed.

• Staff

Isn't regular/conventional air something like 70+% nitrogen already???:smart: That has to be one the biggest auto scams around!!:spend::spend:

We get it for free from Costco and it does make a difference. Temperature variance is much lower and they never lose air they did before... I am not sure I would pay for it, but it certainly does work better. Amazing how the non-nitrogen 12% can effect it.

Isn't regular/conventional air something like 70+% nitrogen already???:smart: That has to be one the biggest auto scams around!!:spend::spend:

Actually the biggest scams are: 1. Amsoil 2. Bluechip vp44's 3. 2003 and 2004 fords diesel motors

Actually the biggest scams are: 1. Amsoil 2. Bluechip vp44's 3. 2003 and 2004 fords diesel motors

Cajflynn, I don't have a clue about number 2 or 3 on your list.:shrug: However, in regards to number 1, I would tend to agree. I've nothing against the products they produce, as I use there stuff in my diffs, tranny and transfer case. I think they are good quality, and even at the prices they charge, it's still cheaper than getting the fluids from them than at the stealership!!!!!:smart::spend: I despise the way it's marketed and sold. Seems real close to a pyramid scheme or a ponzi scheme in that regard. And I hate the "in your face" way some of the guys push the stuff!!! Later man, and drive safe!!!!:thumb1::thumb1:

• Staff

I grew up on Amsoil and use it exclusively in all my rigs, engine and drive-train. It's proved to be a good quality product. I don't partake in any of the selling, but have access to a dealer account and will hook my friends up when they want some.. I do not push it, nor will I ever push it. I know it works for me and when people ask I tell them. There are things they offer that are hard to beat, especially considering the prices I get it at.