• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hi guys I'm back from a nice summer vacation and also with a new to me truck. Living in the mountains I decided a four wheel drive should make life a bit easier than having to chain up my dually everytime I wanted to drive it somewhere. Anyways the new truck is in my signature line. I have lots of TLC and maintenance to do but wanted to start with the fuel psi first. The truck already has a Fass 150 installed. The edge monitor is showing psi of 12 and WOT it drops to 6-7 psi. I know there is a spring on the return side that can be stretched but I would honestly rather install one that was made for the purpose I'm after. My other pot stirring debate is that the VP 44 was replaced at 136,000 miles. The truck now has 230,xxx miles on it. Should I leave the psi alone because it already has 94,000 miles on it or start throwing more fuel to it. Kind of like "If it ain't broke don't fix it." :shrug:

:doh: What a great idea! Call the company that makes the product.:banghead: Brain hasn't left summer vacation mode. I guess my biggest concern was increasing the pressure to a pump that's been running that way for 90 k . Sounds like it will probably enjoy the increase in pressure. Thanks guysMike u can delete this useless thread if you wish.

• Owner

:doh: What a great idea! Call the company that makes the product.:banghead: Brain hasn't left summer vacation mode. I guess my biggest concern was increasing the pressure to a pump that's been running that way for 90 k . Sounds like it will probably ennjoy the increase in pressure. Thanks guys Mike u can delete this useless thread if you wish.

Nah... It fine... But something to bring up is the spring and check ball... I've been wanting to do a write up on it but... :duh: What happens is the check ball for the regulator of the FASS and AirDog both tend to hammer the check ball down into the coils of the spring.So the pressure falls so when you pull the spring out you'll find the check ball stuck inside the coils. Most times I just pull the ball out and and reassemble and pressure rises. As for tuning for pressure I know JL Welding has the measurements somewhere but I've got a stack of washers just for adjusting the fuel pressure. So its... Fitting -> Shim(s)/Washer(s) -> Spring -> Check Ball

Nah... It fine... But something to bring up is the spring and check ball... I've been wanting to do a write up on it but... :duh:

Fitting -> Shim(s)/Washer(s) -> Spring -> Check Ball

Good to know. Thanks Michael!

--- Update to the previous post...

I would chnage the fuel filter, water seperator, and the factory fuel filter if its still run through it as well. That could be affecting the fuel pressure and since its a new to you truck I would assume you were planning on doing that at some point anyways.

-Jordan-

No factory fuel filter, just right to the VP. All fluids and filters will be getting changed soon. I'm going to call edge and get a new sending unit too because there isn't a snubber on it, I've read they are notorious for getting beat to death and sending false readings.

It is really no big deal. Just pull on the spring. Chances are when you get the bigger spring it will not up the psi until you pull it. I was worried at first, so i called fass had the (1020) iirc, spring sent and i still streched it. If you dont want to strech the spring put a washer in it, same difference. Dont put the washer in the hole put it in the fitting then set the spring in it, then put the spring in the hole of the fass.Dont let the black ball fall out.