• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I'm checking out an 84 300D

Dave3500

Hi Guys,I'm going to check out a Turbo diesel Mercedes tonight. My friend bought it for his Son & he's really not interested. I've been wanting another diesel DD. This came out of the blue, so I'm thinking I may jump on the opportunity. I sorta have the wife's blessing as long as I don't bring home a project. I need to be able to drive it. So I'm hoping for the best.Let ya know,Dave

My father in law has had a few of the 80's era 300Ds Not 300TD. They run like tanks, ride like couches, smell like german ponies inside.Rust is factor #1Injector pumps are factor #2Window regulators are factor #3Other than that, I know of no complaints from him about the 3.0L I-5 diesel (yes, 5-cylinder..) :cool:

My father in law has had a few of the 80's era 300Ds Not 300TD. They run like tanks, ride like couches, smell like german ponies inside.

Rust is factor #1

Injector pumps are factor #2

Window regulators are factor #3

Other than that, I know of no complaints from him about the 3.0L I-5 diesel (yes, 5-cylinder..)

:cool:

For rust I plan on keeping her oiled. The one I found has been covered in a garage for 7 yrs..

IP's just like the VP44! Nothing new there.

As far as Tanks, Couches, & Ponies, these are a few of my favorite things.

Yep 5 in a row, makes it go. Two of the things that I remember my Dad telling me about diesels as a Kid was Cummins & 5 cyl MB's, looks like I'm going to have 'em both!

Thanks,

Dave

--- Update to the previous post...

I have been telling my wife that I wanted to find her one for years but she says NO and that I can find me one.

Check on www.Benzworld

Dave

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, I finally got her on the road March 15. The Mrs didn't want for me to bring home a project, but saw what clean shape it was in, she was excited for me. She even helped w allocating extra money so I could finally get it to DD status!:pray:Still workin out the bugs & learning about the vacuum system, it's all getting better as I drive it.:hyper:Still tinkering,Dave

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I had one, great car but the vacuum system was a pita to constantly fix

Well had to sell her about a month ago on eBay. Just didn't have the time to keep her on the road. Think I was just to picky, instead of fixing what was wrong to get it back on the road I started tearing further into it. But I do like my gaser BMW325xi. The guy I sold it to has a 240D & he made the conversion kit to run it on grease, sorta wis I coild have done that too!:shrug: Dave