• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I learned a valuable lesson this pat week and thought I'd share it in case there are others who don't know this. While I was hunting last week I noticed that my truck was slow to start. It sounded like dead battery. It got worse to the point where I had to have it jumped. It then got so bad that even jumping it with another diesel (two known good batteries) wouldn't turn it over any faster. After calling Mike from Arizona where I live, and also talking to a couple other guys, I was directed toward the starter and the starter cable. I removed the starter and went to an O'Rielly's to have it tested. On their machine it tested good. So, I went back to camp (50+ miles) and reinstalled it. Of course it still didn't work so I continued troubleshooting the connections. Everything OHMed out good so I called a third guy (couldn't reach Mike the 2nd time) who said that the testers at these stores don't put a load on the started and that it was bad. Long story short, I bought a new starter and it fixed my problem. Following the repair I tried to beat a snow storm but didn't and ended up whecking my truck...but that's another story.

I was towing my 21 foot toy hauler full of gear through a winding road during a storm. The snow plows hadn't made it through yet. What I didn't know was that there had been an accident around the corner that had backed up traffic a bit. So, without any police or flares etc I was unable to stop in time and rearended a guys truck and trailer. My damage was minimal visually, however, the trany isn't shifting right (I slammed it into low in an effort to stop) and the front end will need some work.