• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  
Mopar1973Man

Finally... The first real snow storm of the year...

It is the same out east. The Ski resorts are just now getting some decent snow. I have not seen enough out here i tenn to even stay around more than a day.

From NOAA... http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=IDZ011&warncounty=IDC003&firewxzone=IDZ401&local_place1=18+Miles+NNW+Brundage+Mountain+ID&product1=Winter+Storm+Warning

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM WEDNESDAY TO 5 PM MST THURSDAY... * SNOW AMOUNTS..10 TO 20 INCHES BELOW 4000 FEET AND 2 TO 3 FEET ABOVE 5500 FEET. * SNOW LEVELS...VALLEY FLOORS INITIALLY...RISING TO 4000 FEET WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND 5000 FEET THURSDAY. * WINDS...SOUTHEAST 10 TO 20 MPH IN WIDER BASINS AND VALLEYS... SOUTHWEST 15 TO 30 MPH ON HIGHER MOUNTAINS. * TIMING...WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY. HEAVIEST SNOW WILL FALL WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING WITH PASSAGE OF A WARM FRONT. * IMPACTS...TRAVEL PROBLEMS ON ALL AREA ROADWAYS. BLOWING SNOW AT TIMES WEDNESDAY AND IN THE MOUNTAINS THURSDAY. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS THAT SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD... AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

I'm all set I've got plenty of food... Generator is all wired in and fueled up... Got internet and the web site to work on... Let it blow... :cool:

Here is the plan for the morning... I got to dig my way down to the other house to get my ATV out to ride over next door to barrow the neighbors ATV and plow his yard then then mine... Daylight is here but the the visablity is moderate to low right now maybe 1 mile. Last night the power flickers and tripped all the yard floods on so I had to dig my way down to the guest house and shut off the breaker in the panel last night. That' sucks when you in flip flops and shorts at 10pm at night...:duh:Not to mention I got to careful push the snow off the RV too...I'll see about getting out the video camera later...:wink:

You know in NC when we do have to deal with snow like you have, we usually change out of our flip flops and shorts for tennis shoes, sweat pants and a fifth bourbon.:thumbup2:

I'm still trying to talk my wife into us moving into your guest house.. :)she's a snow bunny.. sorta. She loves it, but doesn't get out in it.

Hope the four wheeler has a big bucket on it.:lmao2:

Actually its a 5 foot wide plow blade... Not bad...Control the up and down with a electric winch and the angle you need to hop off and unlock and swing the blade. Left to right 45*, 30*, 0, 30*, or 45*... Old vid but funny...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQRpzvSgQcY

I should grab my scanner out of the other pickup and listen to the chaos here in the canyon... :rolleyes: Actually people are good out here. While I was out plowing the yard I seen traffic driving slowly (25-35 MPH) roughly being cautious. But now see the logging truck they are just flat humping tail to get to the mill. They get paid by the load and the local cops know they speed to make the money. :nono: But other than then our weather now shifted to the rain now... It 37*F as of right now and raining... Smokey Boulder highway cam... http://lb.511.idaho.gov/idlb/cameras/camera.jsf?id=27&view=state&text=m&textOnly=false Here is the Idaho 511 page... http://511.idaho.gov/

Can I move in? :pray::lmao2::lmao: Update... [ATTACH=CONFIG]3453[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]3454[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]3455[/ATTACH]

bring it on. Mom might miss ya though. or you can bring her and my mother-in-law would have some company.

Hmm, thats just odd. Up here we are at about a 2,200ft elevation. You are at about 3,800ft elevation. We should be having a melt off before you do! Must be having a warm current going through your area, as we are forecasted to have snow again monday for another few days.

I would give anything to live somewhere that got snow like that!:cry:

We just had out first good snow fall of 2012 and I tell ya...I don't miss the stuff! lol

You know in NC when we do have to deal with snow like you have, we usually change out of our flip flops and shorts for tennis shoes, sweat pants and a fifth bourbon.:thumbup2:

That's a great way to ride out the snow! :thumb1: I have a lot of relatives down in NC. When I was real young (about 30 yrs ago), they came up to visit and my grandmother sees a plow and says to my dad, "what y'all use something like that for". I found that pretty amusing at the time. I just have to figure out why the tranny on this 2nd gen overheats if I use the plow!!!!!!!!!

Hmm, thats just odd. Up here we are at about a 2,200ft elevation. You are at about 3,800ft elevation. We should be having a melt off before you do! Must be having a warm current going through your area, as we are forecasted to have snow again monday for another few days.

Close... As for GPS elvation in the yard I'm 2,800 ft.... I'm only a 3/4 mile from Pinehurst.