• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Scan Gauge showed up....

man, this thing is AWESOME, so many different parameters can be shown, i found out from it that my TPS needed to be reset, so, i did that....also, for w/e reason, at idle, the MAP thing shows like 30, i don't know if that's good or bad...:confused

anyway, here are some pics of where i mounted it and a couple vids of it in action...

Posted Image

LOVE that fuel mileage... :hyper :D

Posted Image

vids.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

gotta wait about a week till i get to around 1/4 of a tank so i can calibrate it all the way right....

Nice job 2500,Is that the same one you have Michael? So with this setup, one doesn't need the other gauges, fp, trans temp, etc. Right? So the Scan II functions as a diagnostic & monitoring device?I did check out Michael's youtube vid w/ fuel milage data, 23.1 MPG, trip distance, fuel used, etc.Cool toys for big boys, :thumbsup Dave

My overhead MPG is instant & right on in my pure stock truck... the mpg function is worthless. The average mpg is usefull. If I really want to get good average mpgs I keep the rpms below 2000 as much as possible. Shut off the cruise. Run it with my right foot, Never feed fuel to the truck if it will coast the desired speed, back off gradually as I crest hills. It's worth about 0.5 mpg. I've been able to coax this 4:10 truck to 18.6 on seasonable trips. If time is more important, I can drive more agressively & kiss that last mpg good bye.Russ

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

Well it would be rather difficult being that ScanGauge II is calculated flywheel horsepower and Dyno is rear wheel horsepower... There is several factors that vary the results... * Dual rear wheels Vs. Single rear wheels * Oversized tire or Unsized Tires * Tranission differences (Auto, 5 speed, 6 speed) * gear trian differences (3.55 / 4.10) On and on... But here is my results... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/personal/ ... o/dyno.htm Now I've pulled as high is 423 HP (flywheel) on the scangauge... :wow Maybe that why my stock clutch was slipping (rated for 400 HP @ flywheel) :confused:

Hi Guys,OK you cats sold me. Think I'll have santa bring me one. Any better price on these othe than AutoZone for $169?With my luck though, it may say replace the truck or replce the loose screw behind the steering wheel! LOL Does it give FP, trans temp, boost, etc. readings?Thanks,Dave

• Owner

Hi Guys, OK you cats sold me. Think I'll have santa bring me one. Any better price on these othe than AutoZone for $169? With my luck though, it may say replace the truck or replce the loose screw behind the steering wheel! LOL Does it give FP, trans temp, boost, etc. readings? Thanks, Dave

It can only see what the ECM/PCM monitor... As for boost reading on the 98.5 to 2002 is incorrect and doesn't display properly... But the 03 and up model year Cummins show correcly... The voltage offset in our MAP sensors fouls the reading... But all other sensors work fine... (IAT Temp, Coolant temp, flow rate of fuel (GPH), Engine load, MPG, APPS sensor, MPH, RPM's, Voltage)

Michael, What's the install like, just plug it into the OBD right? All the things you've mentioned are all then monitored? Thanks, Dave

Very long and detailed installation! Plug it in the OBDII port and drive! Setting the unit up the way YOU want it takes 10x the time but well worth it.

Hi Guys, OK you cats sold me. Think I'll have santa bring me one. Any better price on these othe than AutoZone for $169? With my luck though, it may say replace the truck or replce the loose screw behind the steering wheel! LOL Does it give FP, trans temp, boost, etc. readings? Thanks, Dave

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/diese ... ipped.html