• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New guy from Alberta

Zukifreek

Hello all, My name is John Browne and I'm from Rimbey Alberta Canada. I'm 39 for a few more days and just bought my first diesel truck a week ago. It's a 2001 Ram 2500 4x4 Quad cab long box with a auto trans. I know the two previous owners, it has high mileage at 438,000kms but runs really nice and burns no oil. The inj pump and lift pump were done a 360,000kms so that makes me feel a little better. I got it to pull the new 27 foot Puma holiday trailer we got in Jan, so I want to do just a couple mods to it for a bit more power and fuel economy. I don't know how accurate the overhead consule is but it reads around 22mpg at 100km/hr. Best part was the price, $3500 and it's a full load minus leather. I'm a licensed mechanic, but we never did any diesel work at the small shop I worked at, so I will probably have lots of questions for you guys. CheersJohn

• Owner

Hello all, My name is John Browne and I'm from Rimbey Alberta Canada. I'm 39 for a few more days and just bought my first diesel truck a week ago. It's a 2001 Ram 2500 4x4 Quad cab long box with a auto trans. I know the two previous owners, it has high mileage at 438,000kms but runs really nice and burns no oil. The inj pump and lift pump were done a 360,000kms so that makes me feel a little better. I got it to pull the new 27 foot Puma holiday trailer we got in Jan, so I want to do just a couple mods to it for a bit more power and fuel economy. I don't know how accurate the overhead consule is but it reads around 22mpg at 100km/hr. Best part was the price, $3500 and it's a full load minus leather. I'm a licensed mechanic, but we never did any diesel work at the small shop I worked at, so I will probably have lots of questions for you guys. Cheers

John

Welcome to the family... That phrase I bolded when you convert to miles that roughly 272,000 miles... That's actually very low miles for these trucks when your looking at a lifespan of 1 MILLION miles (1,609,344 kms). One of the family members here is past already and several other are well above 500K miles.

Overhead computer is not very accurate at really... You'd have better luck with a ScanGauge II than the overhead...

Aso for economy there is lots of thing you can do for economy... Like my truck I'm getting 21-22 MPG hand calc'ed or ScanGauge II But my highest is 25.3 MPG... :whistle:

Aso for economy there is lots of thing you can do for economy... Like my truck I'm getting 21-22 MPG hand calc'ed or ScanGauge II But my highest is 25.3 MPG... :whistle:

you're the exception.. LOL ZukiFreek... you didn't happen to build a monster Samurai back in the day, did you? I ask because I used to be heavy into rockcrawling, and a guy from Canada (screenname: Zukifreek, or MudZook, or something like that) had a badass blue hardtop monster Samurai..

you're the exception.. LOL ZukiFreek... you didn't happen to build a monster Samurai back in the day, did you? I ask because I used to be heavy into rockcrawling, and a guy from Canada (screenname: Zukifreek, or MudZook, or something like that) had a badass blue hardtop monster Samurai..

No I didn't build a rock crawler Sammy, but I've owned over 20 of them in the last 4 years and built some pretty sweet units. I have a camo 87 Samurai that I have been building up over the last couple years. I take the family out on the trails when we go camping. It can go 95% of the places a Rhino or similar can and several places they can't. Thanks for all the welcomes guys, I'm glad I found a forum where everybody is there to help a guy out instead of argue.

Cool! I loved my SJ413 ('87 HT) I rockcrawled it and I agree with you 100%; it would go just about anywhere you pointed it, period.

stock 1.3L, 5spd. 4.16 tcase, 5.38 R/Ps, locked, about 13" custom lift.

with 15x38.5 Ground Hawgs

Posted Image

with 34x9.50s

Posted Image

I had a few trail pictures, but imageshack has managed to lose/delete them...

Here's my truck, I love it. I'm ording in the steering box support kit next week, the steering is the only thing I don't like. But for the $3500 I payed for it I can afford to fix a few things. Also a couple pics of my Samurai, I had some 33" ag tires on it for this trip. The poor Jeeps couldn't follow me.

post-11741-138698186068_thumb.jpg

post-11741-138698186085_thumb.jpg

post-11741-138698186093_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...