• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Washington State Newbie

Guest arrow782001

Guest arrow782001

Hi Everyone. I just purchased a 2001 3500 Ram Dually Quad Cab. Basically its my someday truck (You know, someday before I die I am going to have a truck like this :truck:). I have had Chevy diesels in the past but, I love the second Gen Dodge styling. I have a 33' travel trailer that I am going to tow with the Cummins (I know, but, it just feels so darn good to say....:party:) The wife was none too pleased about our Chev, but she tolerated it, and I was shocked when she had no problem with me buying the "ghost" truck (Its white; the wife and I love the name, and its better than "Casper" ya know?). One small problem. I got it home from the dealership ok, however, when I was driving to work the next day, I found out that the radio wasnt stock. its a touch screen radio. Now, this in and of itself was cause for great celebration :cheers:, however, as I was feeling pretty bada$$ ya know, the wind in my hair powerful Cummins, THE Truck I have scrimped and clawed and scratched to save for quite some time, God decided it was time for me to learn who the REAL Bada$$ is..............(it aint me, in case you were wondering......anyone want to postulate a guess as to what comes next?) DEAD PEDAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I found this forum because I was attempting to find out how to solve it. Had NO idea whatsoever that the wife called the dealership and bitched out the used car mgr :spank:I came home, and my beautiful truck was gone :thud:But, it looks like I might get a TPS out of the deal, and possibly an APPS. I have been reading up on some of the flaws, but I dare NOT let the wife know about the 6,000 dollars we could spend on the VP 44, Lift pump, Air intake and tranny mods just quite yet........You think the Used Car Mgr had it bad :soap: (Shudder) So, I am Arrow, I live in Washington State and I am glad to find this place. Thanks for reading my post, and if you could give me some reassurance that I didnt get a lemon, well, that would be great too. Have a GREAT one, and I will let you know what happens with the truck if you are interested...until then :kick:

Welcome to the Fam. You didnt get a lemon, its just one of those things that happens. I have replaced my apps as have many others, although it would be even better if they gave you a new injection pump. If it turns out the pump instead of the apps and they are going to replace it, dont let them put a new lift pump in the tank. Tell them you want to put an airdog or fass pump on it and split the difference. The intank pump is junk and you will want better fuel flow to your new injector pump. Good luck!

98 is right about the intank pump. DO NOT let them install one. For what I paid for one several years ago I could have installed a top of the line lift pump and had money left over. The in tank pump is junk and unless dodge has chnaged that is the only option they will consider.

• Owner

No in tank lift pump and no stock APPS/TPS...I would install a good lift pump like Airdog, Raptor or a FASS. these cost a bit more but all the weakness of fuel system is gone and the lift pump has lifetime warranty.As for the APPS sensor the stock ones are known to fail too. But when you can save about $300 buck on a Timbo's APPS. I would rather you use what you just save for a good set of gauges... (Fuel pressure, Boost, Pyrometer)Welcome to the family... Oh yeah I to also pull trailers (31' Jayco Eagle)... :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...