• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Posting Issues! - Smileys and IE9

• Owner

I've got LiveOak that is have a issue with smiley on IE9 I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue...

Hi Mike, Yet again, when I tried to post a thread.......everything was working great until I clicked on a smilie. Then my Explorer browser IMMEDIATELY locked up and ALL of the work I put into my post was shitcanned into oblivion. I had to type my post on my Microsoft Outlook first, and then cut and paste it on the website page. When I went back to edit my post and add the smilie, the smilies would NOT work when I clicked on them. I cannot believe that I am the only one who is having problems like this.

As for me I'm converted mostly to Linux now for web surfing using FireFox and Opera. But even back with IE9 on Windows Vista x64 I've never had the issues. (Speaking for me personally) Also posted with vBulletin.com in hopes to get a response... https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/401119-Posting-Issues!-Smileys-and-IE9?p=2293083#post2293083 As for the rest of the family here I'm posting this to see if there is any other members with a crashing issues.

I use Windows 7 (x64) with IE9 and have the problem with and without the use of smilies.I have seen when it locks up if I am willing to wait 4 or 5 minutes that sometimes the post will come back ok.I also have the experience of being kicked off the forum site if I try to reply to a post and I take more than about two minutes working on the reply. I have to log back in and about 50% of the time I lost the post and have to start over again.I also have started copying my post to a word document before I hit the submit button so I can do a cut and paste without starting the typing all over from scratch.A couple of times this happened to me on a long post and I didn't do the copy routine before I hit the submit button, and as soon as I hit the submit button the system froze up and I lost the post and I just said screw this, I am not going to try to retype the post again. (hense I started the copy backup routine).

I use Windows 7 (x64) with IE9 and have the problem with and without the use of smilies. I have seen when it locks up if I am willing to wait 4 or 5 minutes that sometimes the post will come back ok. I also have the experience of being kicked off the forum site if I try to reply to a post and I take more than about two minutes working on the reply. I have to log back in and about 50% of the time I lost the post and have to start over again. I also have started copying my post to a word document before I hit the submit button so I can do a cut and paste without starting the typing all over from scratch. A couple of times this happened to me on a long post and I didn't do the copy routine before I hit the submit button, and as soon as I hit the submit button the system froze up and I lost the post and I just said screw this, I am not going to try to retype the post again. (hense I started the copy backup routine).

So I am NOT loosing my mind after all. :cookoo: I have been having the same problems and using the same solutions you are.

Mine will freeze up sometimes when I hit reply or click on a smiley. If I click either again I get a message saying the website is not responding and have choice of cancel or recover web page. The recover web page will bring it the page back but I loose any response I type, if I just wait a minute or 2 it will post. Some times the smileys will not post unless I go to the "more" and then they will post. Thought it was something wrong o n my end.:shrug: Smiley worked that time.

Now lets take a step farther what make and model of computer do you have? Processor? Ram? Any information about it...

Work computer: Dell E6550 Intel core2 duo cpu 3.23 gb ram Home computers: Several - no specs until later.

• Owner

I've got a funny feeling most of you are going to have a Dell Computer with this posting problem... Like I just managed to screw up FireFox so it will not post a smiley but no crash. As for how I did I don't know but it will not place a smiley unless I drag it over to the message now. :think: Now when I drag a smiley over its adding a bullet dot on the message too... So give the drag option a try for now...As for the site when I get some time I'm going to upgrade to 4.1.12 and see if that resolves the issue...

Don't know if this matters or not but none of the computers I have at home are dell. :hyper::):lol::mad::cool::banghead::ahhh::ashamed:All of these ^^^ went into the post by clicking on them but there is a firewall issue at work for me and Firefox hasn't been updated in months so it is an older version.

Mine is an HP Pavilion m9400f with an AMD Phenom 9750 Quad Core @ 2.4ghz

8gb Ram

64bit Windows 7 operating system

--- Update to the previous post...

"So I am NOT loosing my mind after all. :cookoo: I have been having the same problems and using the same solutions you are. "

Ya, I was doing the head scratching also but have fought this for months. I thought it might be my ISP at first but after a while I isolated the problems only to posting on this forum so I just kind of settled into thinking I just had to deal with it.

But it would be super good if it was something that could be eliminated.

I'm pullin for you Mike.

• Owner

Fire up your IE. What I want you to do is go to the top and select TOOLS then on the drop down menu select INTERNET OPTIONS. Now go over to the Advanced Tab and look for Enable 3rd party browser extensions. You want to UNCHECK the box. post-2-138698187667_thumb.png Click OK... Go back over and clear both your cookies and your browser cache. Now I want you to close the browser and fire it back up and re-try the posting function of the site with the smileys. As suggested from the vBulletin Tech.

Suggestions are to disable his browser addons if any and clear his cache/cookies and see how that works out for him.

Went through the steps for IE9 adjustments and then cleared cookies and cache.I made several posts tonight and all of them stopped and would not accept the submit the response order. Probably waited 1-2 minutes on each post then the site would post my response.Then I lost the whole post that I added pictures too. I was working on a reply to the Class V Hitch recommendation. I got the same no response after I pushed the submit post button but the post never recovered and it wouldn't let me copy and save what I posted so I lost it all.

• Owner

I'll post this up on the vB site and see what happens...

--- Update to the previous post...

Be aware you must be up to date with both Java & Adobe Flash

Adobe Flash Version 11.2.202.235

Java Version 7 Update 4

Check yours here and see if it needs updating...

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp