• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ok just got done installing a set from dap also adjusted the valves to a tight 10 and 20 and changed my oil and filter amsoil by the way :thumbup2: truck feels real nice as far as the install went i got a lot of help from the forum and it really helped me out. the videos and all were great everything went very smooth the only other advise i would give anyone doing this job is to remove the hood latch man my belly is killing me with all that climbing up on top of that latch to reach the back of this giant motor:smart:

• Owner

other advise i would give anyone doing this job is to remove the hood latch man my belly is killing me with all that climbing up on top of that latch to reach the back of this giant motor:smart:

:lol: I don't remove the latch but throw a rug or a rag over that thing. Yeah I know exactly what your talking about after awhile of laying across the hood latch your belly start to hurtin' and your knees are wore out from kneeling on the bumper.
  • Like 1

No secret I used to be a boat mechanic... I'd lay cadboards over the sharp nuts & bolts, throttle brackets for the push/pull cables from the flying bridge, wing nut on the flame arrestor. The stiff hat brim on my ball cap... I still managed to go home with indents on my body from laying over the engines. Legs on one side, lay over the engine, arms & head over the other. There was just no other way. And too often no skin on the knuckles.

• Like 2

I guess my 6'4" frame kept me off the hood latch, but me knees were tired of kneeling on the bumper.

- - - Updated - - -

the only other thing I have ever worked that as I remember was larger was a 1948 oldsmobile coup. That thing had an flathead inline 8 cylinder. It looked like a iron picnic table with spark plugs sticking out of it.

When I did my valves and then the injectors, I went in on the side, so I did not have the latch to deal with. It might be an advantage being 6'2", but I still had a stool to stand on. Glad to hear that all is well, I just put some 75 hp in my truck and it has great power, real happy with the improvement and the better fuel mileage.

Unless you are looking for some super HP those RV's are fantastic. I spent $2500 on the banks system 7 years ago and got some good power from it. i am not disappointed in their product at all. But the RV's at $300 was just as good or better.

• 2 weeks later...