• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  

hello everone, I have an 01 5.9 HO TD with 6 speed manual. today me and the kid were out picking up a welding machine on a small trailer and coming up to a stop sign, go to push in clutch and felt it go limp right to the board. what now ? I'm think,n. sitt,n there i started pumping and after a couple it came back to normal. had about 20 miles left to go. it did it again intermittently a few times but not consistantly. I would greatly appreiciate any and all feed back. THX

sounds to me like your clutch hydros are going out. Either the master or the slave, could even be both. Most folks change it out with a completet unit, pre blead with fluid. Just change the whole thing out. I for one changed my master about 3 years ago and the slave about 6 months ago. It can be done either way, though bleed the master is a pita. Her is xome reading on the subject.http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/28-transmission-systems/54-hydraulic-clutch-master-and-slave-replacement

• Like 1

Mine started leaking by and went completely after about 4 months. But yours might go tomorrow, I think I was lucky. When it goes, no more clutch where ever you might be. I should have replaced mine alot sooner. At least I could have done it at home where my tools were instead of in a parking lot. I's say replace at your ealiest convenience, it going go sometime some where.

Mine started leaking by and went completely after about 4 months. But yours might go tomorrow, I think I was lucky. When it goes, no more clutch where ever you might be. I should have replaced mine alot sooner. At least I could have done it at home where my tools were instead of in a parking lot. I's say replace at your earliest convenience, it going go sometime some where.

^^ Gospel :smart:

If you're anything like me, as far as luck goes, it'll puke it's guts out right when you need it most!

^^ Gospel :smart: If you're anything like me, as far as luck goes, it'll puke it's guts out right when you need it most!

... or you'll be sitting a a stop sign holding the clutch in and have the truck start walking forward through the stop sign into traffic. Scary deal. I agree fix it as soon as possible.