• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

hello everone, I have an 01 5.9 HO TD with 6 speed manual. today me and the kid were out picking up a welding machine on a small trailer and coming up to a stop sign, go to push in clutch and felt it go limp right to the board. what now ? I'm think,n. sitt,n there i started pumping and after a couple it came back to normal. had about 20 miles left to go. it did it again intermittently a few times but not consistantly. I would greatly appreiciate any and all feed back. THX

sounds to me like your clutch hydros are going out. Either the master or the slave, could even be both. Most folks change it out with a completet unit, pre blead with fluid. Just change the whole thing out. I for one changed my master about 3 years ago and the slave about 6 months ago. It can be done either way, though bleed the master is a pita. Her is xome reading on the subject.http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/28-transmission-systems/54-hydraulic-clutch-master-and-slave-replacement

• Like 1

Mine started leaking by and went completely after about 4 months. But yours might go tomorrow, I think I was lucky. When it goes, no more clutch where ever you might be. I should have replaced mine alot sooner. At least I could have done it at home where my tools were instead of in a parking lot. I's say replace at your ealiest convenience, it going go sometime some where.

Mine started leaking by and went completely after about 4 months. But yours might go tomorrow, I think I was lucky. When it goes, no more clutch where ever you might be. I should have replaced mine alot sooner. At least I could have done it at home where my tools were instead of in a parking lot. I's say replace at your earliest convenience, it going go sometime some where.

^^ Gospel :smart:

If you're anything like me, as far as luck goes, it'll puke it's guts out right when you need it most!

• Owner

^^ Gospel :smart: If you're anything like me, as far as luck goes, it'll puke it's guts out right when you need it most!

... or you'll be sitting a a stop sign holding the clutch in and have the truck start walking forward through the stop sign into traffic. Scary deal. I agree fix it as soon as possible.

• 5 months later...