• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Feel like sharing the mods for 1st&2nd lockup? I'd be interested in doing this and testing mine to see if it stalls or the rpms just drop a little like yours did.

Yeah. I will write it up. Its lengthy. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Dropped the trans yesterday. So apparently the TC isn't a suncoast, either.. W.T.F.

Let me guess...... NOT 'billet' looking on the other side is it. Probably a stock converter.

Man, Rogan that sucks! I had a similar thing happen. Bought my 02 with the build sheet of suncoast parts in the auto... Turns out a mom and pop shop did a stock rebuild on it. I thought about a suit on the deadbeat seller, but I am pretty sure he would have skipped the state had I done so.

Well, it's whipped me.. Really sucks, too, because I wanted to find the problem and fix it, if nothing more than for just to say I did it..Tomorrow, my friend and I venture out on a 19hr round-trip to South Carolina to pick up a salvage-titled '97 Dodge SCLB DRW 4x4 with a 5 speed.I got a killer deal on it, so I'm gonna swap trans stuff into mine, stuff my 47RE into the salvaged one, and sell it to a farmer for a farm truck. (he's already asked about it :) )Maybe I can get my money back out of it..

Well, that sucked royally. We drove 500mi, towing a trailer, to outaide Spartanburg, SC monday to get the truck. Got there to only find out the truck mysteriously was "stolen" before we arrived. After a 3hr search around town and such, we ended up coming home empty handed. So no 5spd for me.So now I ran across a gentleman that works for thoroughbred diesel in Kentucky. He's got a built 47re and TCI triple disk for sale as he just finished his 4500 swap.He snapped his input shaft so ill reuse mine. He pulled the pan and no signs of shavings or parts in the fluid. He has the build sheet too. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

This thread is going to hit 9500 views before its over with. I am looking forward to the one that says "new tranny in and all a ok":thumbup2:. Hope this one does the trick.

That would be IMPRESSIVE!!:hyper::hyper:

Sunday morning, around 530-600am, I took the wife's van and started on my 480mi. trip to Winchester, KY and picked up a 47RE that was lightly built but had a broken input shaft. The guy was really awesome, very honest, and just a good ol' country boy at heart.He let me disassemble the trans right there in the shop to verify the broken shaft and to see if anything else needed attention.He also gave me the option of his lightly built 47 or a bone stock IVGC 90k mile 47re that came out of a 99 and was replaced with a Goerend.After investigating the innerds of the trans (he was a little shocked that I had it disassembled and splayed out in 20 minutes), I opted for his trans, as well as his TCI 3-disk converter. After some numbers discussions and cash changing hands, we loaded it into the van. He also threw in a brand new Hughes Performance deep sump pan, filter adapter, new pan gasket, big trans cooler, 3000psi -AN fitting hydraulic lines to replace the steel ones, and knocked a hundred dollars off the trans price.I made the return trip home, arriving around midnight. 7am Monday morning, I started the tear-down and parts swapping to repair his trans ( swapped input shafts, and also installed my modded valve body). Got it all installed, buttoned up and fluids filled (including changing the tcase fluid) around 7-730 last evening. Maiden voyage was surprising. trans shifted quite firm, and as expected, thusfar. Lockup can occur in 1st with a flip of a toggle. However, it's a little unpredictable. With the toggle off, the trans shifts pretty good. Getting onto the highway, 2nd gear shifts around 1800, 3rd gear around 17-1800, then OD around 35-40mph. Lockup HITS HARD around 40-45. When this occurs, the truck lurches forward with ferocity. At speed, 65mph in LU shows to be around 2200rpm; that's lower than before. There is no rpm flash or flare with variations in throttle, once lockup is established (the old TC would flash easily when doing this.)I unfortunately didn't take many pictures at all of this stuff, as I was on a mission. I wish I did, but oh well..I'll report back this week on how it seems to do. I MAY swap VBs this weekend, by putting his mostly stock VB in, and see what difference there is between the two (minus the obvious stuff).