• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Trans. Jumped Out of Fifth

• Owner

Intermal trans problem. Bearing or something. I would check the fluid and see if there is metal in the oil. Side note. I've see this in a older military 2 1/2 ton truck. It will push the stick out of gear forcefully even if you your pushing the stick to the dash it would force it out as soon as you release the power. As for cause we never fixed it but got rid of the old fire truck. (Sorry).

When I bought it 4-5 years ago it still had recipt in glove box where he had it in the shop. Recipt said 12 month warranty, it also said something about repair kit. So hopefully they didnt weld it on.I think it was done at Amco Trans.So far it has not done it again, I plan on draining fluid Sunday. Saturday I got to pull head off my John Deere 4030, it blew a gasket awhile back, I just hope the cylinder wall aint washed out, it been blowing a little blue smoke for a year or so. :whistle:Who rebuilds NV4500'S? And how much are we talking about?

I believe with the 5th gear nut issue you loose 5th all together. My old 5600 started slipping out of 6th while coasting. Then later on it stated doing it in 1st and reverse, but always coasting not under any engine load. Then one happy day I lost 4th altogether.