• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Edge Comp Locked Up

• Owner

Well on my way back to a job to finsh up for the evening I was getting back up to highway speed little heavy on the throttle and pulling along rather good and strong then BAM! It fell on it face. I look down and the Edge Comp blinked off for about 1 second and then back on. But there was no power change still flat. :rolleyes: I'm thinking the Edge comp finally died on me with a bit more than 5 years of service. So I get to my job and was early so while I was sitting I tried changing the the levels it was locked on 5x3. Huh? So I turn key off and unplugged and replugged the Edge Comp module hoping to clean up the connections a bit. Sure enough I fired it up and Edge Comp responses again. Right on! So I'm going to have to pull the truck in the shop tomorrow and look over my electrical and maybe add a bit of di-electric grease to things. But I figured I would share my tale with you all. :thumb1:

• Like 1

I recently got a brand new comp box from edge, had it for about two weeks then when it got cold at night around freezing temps my comp wouldn't turn on til it got warm and you restarted the truck. I called edge and they had me send it in, they also cut me a deal on the hot unlock. I finally got it back from edge everything is good now and I'm glad I got the hot unlock.

The unfortunate of that is the older gens cannot quite take advantage of a true hex writer, like you can :(I ran open source tuning (hex programmer) on my Subaru and I will totally agree with you.. There's nothing like having the ability to do that, from a tuning perspective.