• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Terrible luck with Raptor.

You better turn that pressure down to around 18 or you are gonna start having starting problems

Not so sure i agree, unless you bump the starter on mine. it's at next to zero to start then it's up to 23 or so. while running. even if i do the pump cycle, and start it, still havent had problems. how would having to much PSI when off not let it start? doesn't make any logical sense to me. unless it's pushing past and flooding the engine, kinda doubt that. explain. Thanks.

I'm just going off my many years of replacing vp's and lift pumps, I have seen it many times where a truck will develop a hard start and come to find out some gasser mechanic put on a fuel pump that is putting out over 20 psi of pressure, put raptor on with 18psi and hard starts are gone. Yes you can have more than 20 and not have hard starts but it will eventually come. Some people say that anything over 25 causes seals to go out. Its up to you but I feel safe running 18 and that's what I have set all the raptors I have installed (12+) with no issues. http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/25-fuel-system/49-fuel-pressure-specification-for-bosch-vp44-injection-pumps

Just a side question here. Is it possible to pull the pump module from the tank without dropping the tank or pulling the bed? My wife is going to college and we live on campus, no room to do major repair work. I just want to pull out the module and see whats going on in there. My raptor 100 is still kicking, but ever since new I have had about a 6psi drop from idle to WOT. I replaced all the lines and fittings from the top of the tank to the VP with 3/8's stuff, no change.

No way to pull it without pulling tank or bed.

Just saw someone do it last week by cutting a hole in the bed of the truck. Not pretty but they did a very nice job making a square hole and re-attaching it back once they were finished. In the very same situation as the gent above with no place or way to work on the truck. Next time I do this may do the same thing myself. It was a bear to get the bed up high enough to get the tank sensor out. Not every person has the way or means to do this and pulling the tank is a real bear of a job. The engineer who designed this needs to be farmed out around the country doing only fuel tank sensor removals/repairs.
  • Like 1

How would I be able to tell if my sending module is the one with a pump on it, or the early verison without the pump? Will it be pretty obvious with a plug or wire coming out of it for the pump? I just kind of want to know what to look for before I go digging into the problem. I am thinking I might have the later style with the OE lift pump in it. Trying to pull fuel through it and making my pressure drop maybe?

Well when I purchased the truck it has a FASS 95 on it. It had been relocated to the frame rail already so I have no clue as to what this truck had for a stock set up. The FASS died on me early this last spring and that's why I put the Raptor in. Just dropped the FASS out and put the Raptor in it's place. I change the fuel filter with every oil change so about every 5000 miles. Never had a change in pressure and I have gone through 3-4 fuel filters since I put the raptor in. I have tried WIX, Fleetgaurd, and Baldwin fuel filters and no change. I would like to do a draw straw but again I just don't have the means of doing the work where I live.

• Owner

Yeah there might be more thing that hang lower but you know good old Murphy Law would find the fresh sump with a big ol' limb and yank it off the bottom of your tank as you rolling into your hunting camp.Reason I mention this because Murphy's Law managed to push a good sized dent in the floor board of my truck in the back seat floor in my first year of ownership. All I did was turn around in a field and just happen to flip a good size limb between the floor and the frame and POP! New swell in the floor board and the limb broke off and stuck in the frame. :doh: