• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The Good I've been up to..

hex0rz

So this is what a Glazier does! :thumbup2:

http://spokane.wsu.edu/services/Facilities/buildings/biomedicalAndHealthSciences.html

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/oct/17/positive-diagnosis/

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/oct/17/positive-diagnosis/?photos

^I'm the fat one in the front. :lmao:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Boss' dodge dually 12v pulling a 35ft gooseneck. Hauling 14 mullions each weighing approx. 600lbs.

Posted Image

This is the parking lake... My truck...

You ever had one of those snorkel lifts rotate and hit the glass? I've used several different ones from the rental place some up to 150' and mannn, some of them you hit the button and they move a foot at a time. Pieces of crap. Others think turtle speed is the same as rabbit speed.

You ever had one of those snorkel lifts rotate and hit the glass? I've used several different ones from the rental place some up to 150' and mannn, some of them you hit the button and they move a foot at a time. Pieces of crap. Others think turtle speed is the same as rabbit speed.

I have not. Although, I have bumped into the frames we have been installing, or the brick or iron. I usually get alot more careful when it comes to being with the glass. We even use this: http://www.powrgrip.com/cgi-bin/powrgrip/MRT49DC.html?page_class=glass to set the glass from the boom lift. Its a little sketchy using it fully extended as the controls get touchy. Yea, we have an 85' on this jobsite and fully extended those controls can make your butthole pucker real quick. The worst thing is doing this all in wind gusts of 30-40mph. ...a mans gotta work, I guess. :ahhh: Maybe I can pull some video for you next time we use the power unit to set some glass. OR maybe when we use the lift to set the 600lb. mullions again. :cookoo:

Yea, we have an 85' on this jobsite and fully extended those controls can make your butthole pucker real quick. The worst thing is doing this all in wind gusts of 30-40mph. ...a mans gotta work, I guess. :ahhh:

I have been up about 70' and had to walk the machine to reach up higher. Another guy and I had to go straight up with an 80 footer and then climb on the rails to reach what we had to. It gets interesting.....

Know a guy in the window glazers union here in Illinois.

His nick-name is "Caulky"!!:lmao::lmao2:

A guy I worked with at the last glass company I worked with earned the name Booger. When he used to do the high rises in Denver, he did not have any wax to run his screw. So he blew his nose on it for lubricant!

Thankx for the pix :hyper:. Nice to see jobs like that you are doing.

I know those panels are all dual glazings. You guys ever do any bullet proof stuff?

Thanks, we've got more work lined up too. Hoping it will be just as interesting, just not as stressful, lol. Yep, all exterior glass is an insulated unit. I have not done any bullet resistant glass, yet. I know its HEAVY though, lol.

Here is some food for thought:

- An insulated unit that has two pieces of glass 1/4" thick without any coatings weighs on average 7.5lbs per sq/ft!

Bullet resistant glass? HMMPPPH! Neo-ceramic is pretty heavy stuff too for how thick it is.

I've got some video and pics for more eye candy, too, but I do'nt have my card reader with me at the moment.

...been cut a few times by glass. Nothing major, but have heard of some horror stories!

Heres more!

Posted Image

Posted Image

approx. 5'x10' and about 375lbs.

Heres my boss using the powercup to lift the unit and setting it into place. Could not start doing video until I helped him get it in the air.

Posted Image

• Owner

Nothing more than superficial cuts on me. Never had stitches. Stranger yet... Never wore gloves always handled glass bare handed. :stuned:I never forget on of the fun job I did in LA was a 40 story condo. So every morning I was stuff in the utility elevator told to stand there. Then one by one the crew would carefully rotate in a cut piece of mirror and stack them on my steel toed boots. The elevator was tall enough for 108" and larger sheets but not wide enough. So I became the human glass rack. Do about 3-4 trip in the morning. Then once everything is on the floor we're working on then you just matched the mirror to the room numbers.