• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Social Networking

• Owner

Yeah... I know a while back I asked for a vote on Facebook and other social networks. Majority vote was no. The more and more I thought about it and kept getting hit with people telling me to visit there Facebook page or LinkedIn page the more and more I realized yeah I might not like these but there is other people that use these social networks. So I'm working at adding them carefully. So like if you have a Facebook account you can auto-login using your FB account. If you like a thread or post it will post on your page for you. Nothing more. If you don't wish to use it you can continue to login the old fashion way. Your not required to link to FB if you don't want too. So this is the new FB page for the site. https://www.facebook.com/appcenter/525721807450894 I'm looking at adding the other networks like twitter, linkin but these will all be in your profile page. These will provide links to you LinkedIn page or Twitter, etc. Give me time I'll post up more information.

• Owner

Ok gang... For those of you that are social network junkies you can now link to all your stuff.

[*]Facebook

[*]linkedin

[*]google+

[*]youtube

[*]twitter

There is a few others I could add to this mod to allow...

[*]Bebo

[*]MySpace

[*]Tumblr

[*]Flickr

[*]Vimeo

But I got the major one plugged in for now if there is a need for others I'll add them. But I know I'm not a big fan of all the social network but my view might not be the views of all you so I added it in so you can enjoy back in forth now. Most of these are basic just linking back and forth nothing special.

As for configuration its all in your profile page. Then once configured then all the buttons will list in your profile page. If someone is interested in hooking up they can over what every social network you list.

This is more on a personal level with your profile than a site thing.

As for the facebook that is the only that actually will criss-cross with each other. So if you like a post it will put that liked post on your facebook wall.

• Owner

I remember I didnt have FB last time this was brought up but since my wife is military and we move all over the world I have since opened one. http://www.facebook.com/#!/ryan.kinser.5

So now you can add the URL to your profile page and everyone can click and get in contact with you now. Take a look at my profile page and you'll see what I talking about. Also you can log into the site using Facebook too. Then if there is something you wish to share with your facebook friends you can smack the LIKE button and it will post it over on your facebook page. Then visit my facebook page to see the "like's" I've done mostly testing but you'll see what I mean.

• Owner

What is "facebook"? :lmao: Im too antisocial to be part of a social network :sofa: Im sure it will be appreciated by many others though!

I'm the same way... I only use facebook to catch up with old high school friends from back in the day. But that's all. Then I got out of it. But seeing there are a few members here that use facebook, google+ and linkedin. I know a bunch of have youtube accounts.

Ok, so I don't think I understand how to add them.. I 'think' I linked my fb. The others, however, I do not know how to link..

And I don't see the fb thing on my profile page..

- - - Updated - - -

ok... m73m called me and helped me get my brain cells organized.

Basically, Here's what you do:

example, Facebook...

Go to facebook and log in. click on your name on the upper right. That'll display your page as others see it. Copy the URL.

go to m73m forum, and the 'about me' for your settings.. scroll down in the middle and you'll see facebook, youtube, twitter, etc..

click on the pencil to edit the link for fb, and paste the copied URL there.. Save.

Do this for each one you want to link.

I just spent the last 4 hours sitting here trying to delete my wifes FaceCrack account for her , taking pictures off, etc before she deactivates it. When you think you have it all, you click on another link within her page and there it is, all over again. Yes, even though she was the one that signed up, and they were the group of people that created and launched the website, its the public that made them rich. It should never be allowed that you can't completely delete all your account easily if desired. :mad:

• Owner

My site runs basically the same way. You can ask me to deactivate your account but to delete all your content would ruin the site instantly. So I understand why facebook does what it does. This why I'm not a fan of facebook like I see so many people throw there personal life on the internet. Like MoparMom and I saw a friends wife of mine post up "I'm at home alone with the kids." I'm like are you kidding me?! That like invitation to come over to her house steal, rape, etc. So I'll stay strictly business and site information on facebook I'm not going to get into posting my personal life and take risks...

I had a former staff member who helped build MSRefugees which I co-admin. We deliberately don't link because people don't necessarily want to share every detail of their MS with every friend. The former staff member wanted every post he made deleted. But much of what he'd dome contributed to the structure of the board. We created an account called 'Staff' (any staff can access) to recreate the board structure like menus of important topics. So the structure will survive our term in office. It took 4 people a total of 3000 hours to purge his stuff manually.I only use FB to share family photos... or more likely to look at others pictures...