• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mild blowby

[ATTACH]5061[/ATTACH]Probably fine, right? :spend:I think I put 4 gallons in (in 100-150 miles) before a friend gave me the good idea to clamp the breather hose shut and vent through the filler cap. That bought me 100 miles using only a quart or so. 50 miles after that it started running on 5 with 100 miles left to go and took 2 gallons again. I got home with the light coming on again, and I guess enough to blow it through the filler neck. When it dropped to running on 5, it was acting like an exhaust valve wasn't opening. HARD, slow crank. Barely got it restarted. I stalled it parking and didn't try hard but once it's cold I doubt I'll get it to run again in its current state. This motor has had pretty healthy blowby since I put it in ~59k ago. I think the nail in its coffin was a vacuum line coming off on a haul to/from Newburgh NY. It pressurized the crank case and blew 2 gallons out in 300 miles and again on the way home. It was okay on short trips after that and finding the bad vac line, but a week later it picked up a nasty tap/ knock. I ran the valves hoping to find a bent pushrod, but all seemed good from the top. Didn't fix anything. Towed empty to Albany Wednesday to pick up a jeep. Picked up the jeep and added 2 gallons again. Dropped the trailer there and continued to Worcester for work. Used another gallon on the way there, and continue to get worse. Figured I'd get the mess as close to home as I could before she blew and it turns out I was only about 30' short of where I wanted to be. It's out of the street, it's late, and it's fine!

post-10730-138698197723_thumb.jpg

speaking of blow by, has that guy with the severe blowby @55 mph ever come back? I am afraid to google:

"Man mysteriously falls from Dodge Ram... "

Needed a good laugh lol :lmao:

- - - Updated - - -

I can see the headlines in paper. "Cop arrests man after truck dripped oil on donut"

or

I'm sorry of the oil officer it's just that I read for better mileage I needed to reduce wind drag and I just figured if the whole truck was covered in oil the wind would just glide over and be good for 5+MPG. lol

• Like 1

so if I doot doot do this and wait for that thing to come up and then close the window or go back and click around I should see a restore thing? yup - tested and now I know what to look for. whatever went hinkey in Chrome when I submitted, it didn't keep that cache either. I've never seen that happen. Didn't crash or lock up or anything, but it said I submitted a blank post. And when I went 'back' it was blank. Oh well, the bottom line is I put a deposit down on this guy and I'm parting out the Dump Bus starting on or about 3/9, when I hopefully have another project finished and my garage cleared out enough to receive some Ram parts for safe keeping. big tickets will be the 215hp P7100 conversion incl 24v lines, and the RoadRanger. It's also got a 3/4 brand new and completely rust free front clip in white, great tan cloth interior, uncracked black over tan dash, HX35 with a Banks Brake, drum brake dually width 4.10 geared dana 80, new radiator, and a bunch more things that I'll put up in real for-sale threads once I'm ready to start moving things.

318k on the pump. I was thinking about getting the needed gaskets and seals to put together a complete 'kit' and maybe having the pump checked out by a diesel shop. If I go that route I'd probably put the full monte on fleabay and see 2500+ out of it. I've seen 215 full kits go for 3200. If I pull it all apart and ship it as-is, lines/ housing/ pump/ etc, I think I'd ask 2500 and take a reasonable offer. not sure what a rebuild costs yet and I think it's 100-150 in gaskets and seals for the timing housing and front cover. That was a while ago.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...