• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How's AD/Raptor Treating Folks on Warranty Now?

• Staff

Anyone heard good from them?

My new AD100 is squeaking loud enough and when it squeaks it looses fuel pressure but comes right back for a moment. I hope they treat me right. It's only got 7,000 miles on it.

- - - Updated - - -

They wanted to send me another pump but, they wanted my credit card number for shipping. I told them I don't have credit cards and would rather have my money back unless you can convince me you are building the pump like the old days when it was reliable and last longer than 7000 miles.

That's when he hung up on me.

Now this is a bunch of BS. AND THEY BARELY SPEAK ON THE PHONE... so you can't understand what they are saying. 'Sorta' like they are half dead down there and you ask them to speak clearer and they don't.

These people :mad: me off cause I know how hard it is to build a good biz and they are throwing it away.

- - - Updated - - -

Correction; The Raptor 100 only lasted 5,400 miles not the 7,000 mentioned above.:mad:

• Staff

It takes alot of nerve to hang up on a customer. Which Raptor do you have? Is it the direct replacement?

Yep it is..... Raptor 100 w/ pressure adjustment. I even left a message to another person down there telling them about the rudeness. Left my cell and they did not call today. Why can't they just build the good pump with the good parts? Such bean counters? they are learning more what it is to throw away a business? As it is..... this is what I think of your pump:badidea:

Just sent a pm to one of their guys I've dealt with in the past, who works directly out of their Shelbyville, IN plant-he's over on CF, and has always treated me good, and been strait up with me...hopefully he sees the post and will contact you to see if he can get this worked out to everyone's satisfaction.

• Staff

Thanks dennhop..... yep, when I asked for my money back I didn't have an angry tone or anything..... It was like pullin' teeth though to get them to speak clearly on the phone.Source Automotive is taking care of it because I bought the pump from them. No problem ever with hearing what these guys say on the phone.

Dang! Man, that is no good....Last year, I got a AD165 and in less than 6 months the pump burned out on me. Kept blowing fuses. Turned out the pump seal went bad and the fuel got into the pump.Called AD and they asked if I had a warranty. Yep, they 3-dayed it I think for free. So far so good...They seem to be REAL black and white with someone if you don't file your warranty.

• Staff

Dang! Man, that is no good.... Last year, I got a AD165 and in less than 6 months the pump burned out on me. Kept blowing fuses. Turned out the pump seal went bad and the fuel got into the pump. Called AD and they asked if I had a warranty. Yep, they 3-dayed it I think for free. So far so good... They seem to be REAL black and white with someone if you don't file your warranty.

I filed my warranty..... sent it to them, but, they couldn't find it.

• Staff

Well, I had to fill up before I brought it to Source Automotive, but, it stopped squeaking soon as I put the fuel in. Now Source says the pump is fine. Then it starts squeaking on the way home again but not as much as before.:think: I'll have to catch Source when the thing is running 10 psi and squeaking almost constantly again.Anyhow I wish Pureflow was a straight company... I'd hate to have to change the pump on the highway.Anyone know what to look for to identify one of the older pumps that are the good ones?

• Like 1

Do you still have an old carter pump laying around? I have 2 of them and when on the road carry one with me and the necessary lines to throw it back on the truck in the event of a failure. Not sure what to look for on the older ones, the way things have been going with all these probelms Ill most likely go a different route when the time comes for me.

• Staff

Do you still have an old carter pump laying around? I have 2 of them and when on the road carry one with me and the necessary lines to throw it back on the truck in the event of a failure. Not sure what to look for on the older ones, the way things have been going with all these probelms Ill most likely go a different route when the time comes for me.

I do the same thing also. I have 4 of the oem pumps. Two are still useable since I bought one a guy didn't want. I got it for a good deal.

Sure is good to have a forum to let others know what's going on with these trucks.

I was reading on the Ford forum about guys with a Raptor pump putting bigger supply wires on and it runs a bit cooler. They are thinking it helps it to last longer that way and they notice that it runs stronger. One guy opens up the top of the electric motor and increases the wire size inside the top cause they are very small wires. He says he sees a difference there also.

- - - Updated - - -

Another guy with some inconsistent pressure problems on a newer R100 removed the outer 3/4 inch regulator bolt, removed the springs and washers and found some ground up plastic chips in the regulator from the factory. After cleaning those out he has very even pressures again.

On a second read that I found, a guy with two jammed up pumps opened up the gearator pump (Gear type pump). Spinning the gears by hand he found they would jam up on both pumps that were defective. He said that he took some emery cloth to all the gears and smoothed them out, put them back together and found both pumps to be operating very smoothly afterward.

A third guy had called Pureflow about his symptoms and they sent him a Vitro ball to replace the regulator washer. I think that's right!:think: Anyhow he put in the little rubber ball they sent and now his pump works perfectly.