• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quiet free flowing exhaust

• Owner

If you're towing you really want the 4" exhaust. Your egt will run much cooler and your mpg's will improve.

Might for Caj's weight class of towing... But even my straight 3" has been a really good exhaust system and no EGT's problems for about 16,000 to 17,000 Gross combined. But once again its a bit loud getting into the pedal.

Did I mention you'd also run faster, jump higher, and women would find you more attractive?

Wow... :stuned: Geez I hope if fixes my bum left knee I dislocated years ago. Boy it would take a aweful lot to make a redneck like me attractive. :whistle:

is there any benefit to a cat-delete? also does anyone have experience with the high flow cats? i live in an area where i have to be emissions inspected once a year. but they dont typically check for the cats. on an obdII system they just hook it up to a scanner. would removing the cat show on the scanner? i know on gas engines it will often throw a code.

• Owner

would removing the cat show on the scanner?

Didn't on my 1996 Dodge Ram 1500. I drilled a hole in the bottom and beat the cat stuffing out of it. Then welded the hole shut again. Since there is no smog inspection up here I'm not worried. Also no lights or codes on a gasser engine. As for the diesel I would remove it take a rod to it break it out and re-install the empty can. They can inspect all they want it will still be there but guttless... :whistle:

Catalytic converters are like gold at salvage yards, The platinum the catalyst is made of is a highly sought after material now days.Take it off and sell it to the salvage yard,it will pay for a bit of the new exhaust system. Most Cats have a very high core charge now days.:spend::thumbup2:

Ya I remember a few years ago I was living in the Nashville area and people were stealing them off of cars. But selling it is not a bad idea as long as I won't be needing it to pass emissions testing. If I will need it then I'm probably better off doing like mike said. What is to be gained by rodding it out? Better mpgs, power, lower egts? I know that it was good for a few ponies on my old car but that one is old enough it is emissions exempt

To help quiet it down, I clamped a 30" piece of unistrut to my exhaust where the muffler should have been to limit the "resonation". It was supposed to be temporary until I could get a resonator, but it quieted the truck down so much I never did anything with it. Of course it doesnt do much for being outside the truck...

wait, you did what? Pics or it didn't happen! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Catalytic converters are like gold at salvage yards, The platinum the catalyst is made of is a highly sought after material now days.

Take it off and sell it to the salvage yard,it will pay for a bit of the new exhaust system. Most Cats have a very high core charge now days.:spend::thumbup2:

This is true. We parted out an Audi A6 not long ago. Sold both CCs to a metal recycler locally for about 250$. apparently the 'european car' ones are worth a little more than domestic or asian autos..

New to the site, but just installed a 4" MBRP turbo back exauts on my 01 ECLB and in the cab almost as quiet as my stock system.

been eyeing those systems too, did you get with, or without a muffler?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

This is true. We parted out an Audi A6 not long ago. Sold both CCs to a metal recycler locally for about 250$. apparently the 'european car' ones are worth a little more than domestic or asian autos..

No wonder the sales of cordless sawzalls have gone up! :rolleyes:

Ya I remember a few years ago I was living in the Nashville area and people were stealing them off of cars. But selling it is not a bad idea as long as I won't be needing it to pass emissions testing. If I will need it then I'm probably better off doing like mike said. What is to be gained by rodding it out? Better mpgs, power, lower egts? I know that it was good for a few ponies on my old car but that one is old enough it is emissions exempt

I have never seen a second gen with a Catalytic converter, not until the CR cummins. Yes the front can in front of the muffler on a 2nd gen 24v is a factory resonator. I wouldn't put one back on a diesel, we do not have emissions testing in ND but from what I have read when states that test diesels they are looking at haze and soot levels and not measuring NOX levels.
  • Like 1

I have never seen a second gen with a Catalytic converter, not until the CR cummins. Yes the front can in front of the muffler on a 2nd gen 24v is a factory resonator.

Awesome one less thing to worry about! I am still trying to convince the wife that I really do need a new exhaust...it's been a hard sell ?

Awesome one less thing to worry about! I am still trying to convince the wife that I really do need a new exhaust...it's been a hard sell 

If you order a system from FTE they will sell you a system with a resonator and no muffler, call them, they will work with your needs or more importantly your "WANTS" :whistle:

Ya it's the wants that end up costing the most...would that be cheaper than having one fabbed at a muffler shop? I don't weld so I would have to have it installed anyway unless its bolt on.Sorry for the double post. Lost service in the middle of the first one and it said it failed

Ya it's the wants that end up costing the most...would that be cheaper than having one fabbed at a muffler shop? I don't weld so I would have to have it installed anyway unless its bolt on. Sorry for the double post. Lost service in the middle of the first one and it said it failed

These exhaust systems are all clamp together like the OEM and come with clamps, only need to be welded if you think you need it, I run mine in about the most harsh systems and have never had anything come loose using only clamps.

These exhaust systems are all clamp together like the OEM and come with clamps, only need to be welded if you think you need it, I run mine in about the most harsh systems and have never had anything come loose using only clamps.

I have seen a few that leak black smoke bad when they are clamped. Is this common or is it shoddy clamp work? Mine does not smoke but I still don't want a leaky exhaust!

been eyeing those systems too, did you get with, or without a muffler?

- - - Updated - - -

No wonder the sales of cordless sawzalls have gone up! :rolleyes:

I went with the muffler and have had no problems, I pull 37' TT and a 24' enclosed trailer and still dont have an issue with noise

Can i ask why you need a picture sir? So you can confirm my level of redneckedness? :lmao: Yes it is really hill jacked but it does work, and quite well at that. By clamping something solid to the exhaust it takes the vibration or "resonation" out of the cab. If you really insist I could go out and take a picture, as long as its for informational purposes only! :tongue:

hey, we've ALL thrown together some redneckish shiz! To share is to compare, not to point fingers :)and of course, it's all about the informational purposes LOL"Hey y'all, watch this! Here, hold my beer a sec... Don't spit in it, neither.."