• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Best mpg ever!

I'm on vacation this week and we decided to go to the Great Smoky Mountains! It is really some beautiful land over here. Anyway my dad and I were cruising down a long stretch of mountain! Daddy said son you're getting some good fuel mileage. So I snapped a picture of it! Too bad it's not the average mileage though!Here is a picture of me and my beautiful daughter standing in 2 states!

post-10918-138698204249_thumb.jpg

post-10918-138698204254_thumb.jpg

• Owner

Right on you two... :thumbup2:As for the overhead lie-o-meter or the overhead idiot... Now you know why it named that...:lol:I've done similar runs with my truck spent the night on the mountain and then come coasting down in the morning and the ScanGauge show like 200+ MPG but by the time I get home its back to the typical 20-22 MPG.

Beautiful country in the blue ridge. I dont get there enough and I live there. We used to camp up there alot when the kids were young. Never had a bad time. You gotta love the down hill mileage. I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.:thumbup2:

Looks like fun!!

Your sig says the 06 is stock, but the MM in the photo tells me otherwise???

This is the most my OH has seen, and I don't run any tuning that effects the OH.

Posted Image

Oh my I haven't updated my profile in a while have I? The mpg on the oh was on hwy 19 between Cherokee NC and Gatlinburg TN. I was in 4th gear on a long stretch of hwy going down the side of the mountain! It was pretty funny watching the lie o meter shoot up that high!!!

Thanks dripley. Where do you live at? I'm staying in Pigeon Forge.

I am making house payments in Hickory NC, but working in Terre Haute IN at the time. All you have to do is get on 40 go east down the mountain and about 60 more miles and you are there.