• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Typical turbo wear or ?

Looks a bit dirty. Almost like someone had a AFE or K&N on it at one point. If so, the general thought is get rid of the AFE/K&N. They are good for dedicated race cars, but provide zero real gains on our trucks and fog the engine with very fine dust, causing it to wear out prematurely.If the compressor wheel has play in and out, probably needs a rebuild. Though there may be a maximum play spec for that. Other than that, to my understanding, if the blades look good, wastegate moves freely and its clean then let it spin. Just don't clean them while the compressor outlet is hooked into the truck, as isn't good to run brake cleaner through the engine or grid heater.

• Like 1

• Staff

What did you come up with?Even the best air filters will put a little wear on the blades over a few miles, what you really have to watch out for is caking of oil and dirt if you run an oiled filter. How many miles on the turbo, and what kind of air filter?

I don't have the tools to do the measurements. I bought the truck last year with 131k on it. I always ran the factory spec filters, I just put the BHAF on it and noticed then how it looked. Truck runs well, doesn't have any issues that I can tell.

I don't have the tools to do the measurements. I bought the truck last year with 131k on it. I always ran the factory spec filters, I just put the BHAF on it and noticed then how it looked. Truck runs well, doesn't have any issues that I can tell.

Like I said, as long as you can't make the wheel touch the sides you are good to go. Since it runs good without a bunch of black smoke you are fine.