• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Sock in tank filter

You can remove or lift up the front of the bed and gain access or drop the tank. I have a 5th wheel hitch and dont have much choice. Dropping the tank does not take long as long as there is not alot of fuel in it.

• Like 1

You can remove all but the two bed bolts closest to the tail gate (just loosen those two) and tilt the bed up. Don't forget the ground strap at the front of the bed on the passenger side and the four screws holding the filler neck in place. Block it up and you should have access to the top of your tank.

• Like 1

• Owner

Most of you will ask about the driveline why its down its because the front tank band is under the carrier bearing for the driveshaft so its got to be dropped to get the front tank band down. Also the tank is very very empty when my buddy did this job. He dropped the tank, installed the fuel sender (gauge), and reinstalled the tank in under 1 hour. That why sipping few cold beers and me shooting pictures. :cheers:

Most of you will ask about the driveline why its down its because the front tank band is under the carrier bearing for the driveshaft so its got to be dropped to get the front tank band down. Also the tank is very very empty when my buddy did this job. He dropped the tank, installed the fuel sender (gauge), and reinstalled the tank in under 1 hour. That why sipping few cold beers and me shooting pictures. :cheers:

So I'm thinking there must be more to the story than just a friend over for a few beers while you watch him work!:think: You got an IOU or got some dirt on him or ?? He just can't be feeling sorry for you. :lmao:

• Owner

So I'm thinking there must be more to the story than just a friend over for a few beers while you watch him work!:think: You got an IOU or got some dirt on him or ?? He just can't be feeling sorry for you. :lmao:

Truely he's a really a good friend that I've know over 20 years now and he's the type to dive in and get his hands dirty to help me out. I do favors for him all the time and help him out. So this just happen to be one of those times. Return the favor.

i had no desire to work on my back. does not look fun. but to each his own.

With the tank empty its really easy to drop and put back up he was in the process of lining up every thing and getting really to push the tank back up in place I popped the picture at that point I slid in with the creeper and stabbed the 2 band up for him and he crawlled out and drank his beer. Seriously its not bad at all.

I can get the tank down and back up in ~20 minutes. Also, I was able to get the front strap out without removing the carrier bearing. It was difficult, but it's possible. Before I re-installed it, I used the grinder to shape up the end of the strap, so now it goes in and out with ease. :wink:

I can have my fuel module out in 2 minutes :thumbup2::tease: but...... it took me two days to reframe the truck bed correctly after cutting an access door :think:

I'd like to hear more about this project! Seems like a great idea to me.:thumbup2: Only thing I'd worry about is grass ooze draining down into the fresh cut. I'd love to get a salvaged bed piece to lay over the cutout and seal it off. You're a neighbor too.

I can have my fuel module out in 2 minutes :thumbup2::tease: but...... it took me two days to reframe the truck bed correctly after cutting an access door :think:

With my luck if I had done what you did I would never have to go in there again, nothing would break. How did you manage to stay out of that conversation so long.:shrug:

• Staff

Cheater! :lmao::lmao2:

Thanks, I call it beatin' the system :wink:

I'd like to hear more about this project! Seems like a great idea to me.:thumbup2: Only thing I'd worry about is grass ooze draining down into the fresh cut. I'd love to get a salvaged bed piece to lay over the cutout and seal it off. You're a neighbor too.

You can come take a look if you like. Maybe when your heading my way sometime on the weekends. :thumbup2:

With my luck if I had done what you did I would never have to go in there again, nothing would break. How did you manage to stay out of that conversation so long.:shrug:

By shear embarrasment of the two days project to fix what I had chopped :whistle:BTW, I set my heavy camper in the bed for a week long camping/ weight stress test. It's doing great... like it never got chopped.