• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  
Fastlane17

HELP! Leaking injector!

Replaced my injectors. Now #2 is leaking. Cross over tube is in. Heard it "pop" into place. Hand threaded all the lines back on.... Can't figure out why... Any and all help is welcome!

If it is pumping fuel out to where it is running off the engine you have a leak, if it is just damp with fuel it is just fuel that was trapped in the void in the head between the line nut and crossover tube and will weep out and dry after a few days of being warmed up good. Very common and nothing to worry about happens all the time and folks think they have a leak which they do not.

• Like 2

I've never done it but there was something about the tightening order posted. someone will come along. I think it was tightening the cross overs before the injector body. I'm saying yes to the Oring.

When I installed mine I tightened the injectors and then installed the cross over tubes and had more than one leak. I went back and reversed the order. Installed the injectors then then crossover tubes, tightened the fuel lines and then tightened the injectors and all my leaks went away. That said I think I would put on new o ring on and see if that stops it.

I know have a extra set of lines if anyone needs any other then #2...

I need one of the blue hold down blocks. Did you by any chance get them with the lines?

The one I need is the one in the very back. I believe the rear of them all. I will have a look tomorrow in the daylight. IIRC it is for #6.

The one I need is the one in the very back. I believe the rear of them all. I will have a look tomorrow in the daylight. IIRC it is for #6.

Fastlane, I need lines 1, 3 & 4. Please PM me so we can work something out. Thx