• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

FlatTwin

Plastic cubbyhole undneath the radio, inbetween the ashtray and glovebox removal.

Am trying to get to the back of the radio to fuss with the antenna connection. Cannot see an easy way to do so...There is a cubbyhole made out of plastic right under the radio, inbetween the ashtray and glovebox.Looking at it, it appears that there is some sort of clip that holds it into the dash, directly under the radio but cannot for the life of me figure out how to release it.Anyone else ever done this? Thx,Joe

I believe there are two on the bottom and two under the bezel that diesel4life mentioned. I pulled out mine to put the CB in its place cause it was useless to me.

• Like 1

Did you pop off the dash bezel first? It hides lots of screws required to remove for disassembly of the dash.

JR, never knew how to get the bezel off! Now that you mention it like this, will go out and give it a try!

Thanks, Joe

- - - Updated - - -

There is 2 screw on top. You have to pull the dash bezel first to see the 2 screws.

Mike, assume that the "wood trim bezel" just pops off? Have never taken the dash off so was not sure...

Thx,

Joe

It pops off just like it sounds. When I pull mine off I usually start at the top by the instrument cluster and gently pull it out(towards you). Once I get a gap I can get my fingers in and slowly work around the edge until all the fasteners are released.

• Like 1

It pops off just like it sounds. When I pull mine off I usually start at the top by the instrument cluster and gently pull it out(towards you). Once I get a gap I can get my fingers in and slowly work around the edge until all the fasteners are released.

Do it very carefully or it will explode in your hands if its brittle.

Both are very true and right... :iagree:

Mine broke while holding the top with my fingers just from its own weight. Very brittle.

Worked like a charm! Got the bezel off, found the two screws and the cubbyhole came right out. Got to the back of the radio right away and it worked fine! Thanks! Joe
  • Like 1

I'll be replacing the Kenwood/Sony-Boombox audio stuff with the OEM optional P04704383  AM/FM CD-Cassette. This OEM unit has been modified with an auxiliary input .... Allpar.com has lots of good Mopar audio info. 

Would using ArmorAll or some other type 'protective', say a week ahead of the removal, make the plastic less brittle?  Anyone tried it? 

I'll be replacing the Kenwood/Sony-Boombox audio stuff with the OEM optional P04704383  AM/FM CD-Cassette. This OEM unit has been modified with an auxiliary input .... Allpar.com has lots of good Mopar audio info. 

Would using ArmorAll or some other type 'protective', say a week ahead of the removal, make the plastic less brittle?  Anyone tried it? 

I dont think anything apart from keeping it out of the sun and heat is really the only way to keep anything plastic from cracking. I know some places make little spacers that fit into the dash parts and distribute the force around the fasteners. I have heard they work pretty good but never tried them myself.