• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I want one of these in my house in the mountains...

YabbaDoo

• Owner

I'm not even worried... :neutral:Too many miles between us and too many differences. Don't get me wrong I still think YabbaDoo is great gal but I've also had my fair share of bad relationships and even lost a step-son to unknown brain virus at the age of 7 year old. As for having friends of both male and female that fine with me. But as for marriage or deep relationship... Naw... Not happening you guys can beat that drum all you want but not me. As for the stove idea. I would love to see more of the beastly looking stove and different designs. As a matter of fact I've got a old stove in my basement but I would never want to put a fire into. The stove is not air tight but my Dad refurbished it and it looks nearly brand new.Excuse the dusty appearance...post-2-138698211928_thumb.jpg

Haven't been on in about a week of so... Man, I missed some good stuff:lmao:  Back on subject... Posted ImageThis is the wood stove that was in my Aunt and Uncles Place in VA... Love this thing <3 Can't remember if this pic was taken just before or just after I replaced the pipe... This is after Posted Image

Edited by YabbaDoo

An old Fisher "smoke dragon"!!! :smart:   Looks like it's still in good shape. I have my Englander cruising now at about 550-600* on the stove top.  Since it's turned much colder, I've been burning Ash and Maple.  Burn times have increased about 75% when compared to the Box Elder I was burning earlier this season. I get about 6 hours of usable heat from the stove now…………………I reload once the stove top gets down to about 300*.

Here is what is in the guest house...

Posted ImageDSCF6057.JPG

Posted ImageDSCF6058.JPG

Stainless steel stack all the way up. The chimney guy (Heartland Chimney) broke out the damper of the old fireplace and routed a fresh stainless steel stack in.

Mike, do you have a "block off" plate with insulation above it to "seal" off the chimney (where the old damper was) so all the radiant heat doesn't fly up the chimney???

How do you monitor temps on that stove???

That's the nice thing about new stoves……………many use the high temp glass so you can see how the fire is burning.

• Owner

No block off plate. But the chimney is sealed up top and insulated pipe all the way down. So heat can't fly up the chimney.

I've got a magnetic Pipe gauge but its out on the shop stove being I use it more right now.

Ugh... Glass doors... I've got one on the shop stove and hate it. Always soot covers and have to be careful of that log sticking out just a bit and breaking the glass. With both of the steel doored stove I can stuff wood in no biggy if some thing is in the way of the door just kick it shut.  Do that with a glass door (BOOM!) the glass is gone and a now a new problem happens with how do you keep the fire in the box?

Also this was brought up at the last fire call. (Chimney fire). With a steel box you can spray a short burst of water in a steel box and slam the door shut and the steam will go up the chimney and put out the chimney fire. Do that with a glass door stove you now blow the glass out and have a house fire to boot! So in this case we had to unload the stove into a steel pan because the air damper was broke and defunct on this call. So carrying live fire in a pan outside was very smoky and PITA!