• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

LED Headlight

hex0rz

I cannot remember if this has been posted up before. The other day I thought I stumbled onto a great idea.. Haha, well, I must say, I'm a day late and a dollar short! Does anyone have LED headlights? I was trying to see if they were any good. Brightness, etc.

I'm talking about the bulb itself. Instead of the usual filament bulb, its the same style, but has multiple LED's on it.

Something like this:

Posted Image

Edited by hex0rz
  • Like 1

I was thinking about this a while back and did some searching and found that they don't recommend LED bulbs as headlights for some reason. The LED bulbs that they sell are sold as daytime running lights.

LED's can be bright but I think that the main thing holding them back from being good headlights is that the reflector housing for regular bulbs doesn't work that good with LED's since they are more of a directional light.

:think:  Hmm, I'm gonna have to look into this a little more... I have seen the HALO lights, but I dunno if they really do any good? Wait, maybe thats how its done? They are a type of projector lens. The halo's have a lense like a magnifying glass, where as regular headlight housings just are reflective, no focusing to it...

I loved my bi-xenons in my 02. Actually have a set in the garage waiting for a nice day to put in my 01 and the wifes sequoia. Actually had xenons in my wifes 04 grand cherokee and she loved them. I know people will say they are illegal but i see them all over the place now and havnt heard of one person getting into trouble. I would love a set of projectors but from what i had in my 02, the light output was amazing.

• 10 months later...

Sad to say I can buy 3 sets (6 bulbs) of Silverstar Halogens for the same price. Price has to come down more before I consider this...

Right on! I use led for landscapes, but even though more expensive by 2-3 times as traditional...installation time less, no maintenance for 10 years, smaller wire and transformer demand. Less electricity too. I think led is a viable use here.

I'm going to eventually convert to all LED lighting. Put some in the engine bay like Wareagle did and get some in the front for fog lights and some in the rear for backup.

IF someone buys the ones that 98wl posted up, provide feedback!