• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Site Changes And Visitor Impact

• Owner

Well I'm not sure how to take this.

As far as visitors we are down from 1,100 a day to about 325 or so a day.

As far as page views we sunk as low as 1,600 page views now climbing back up to 3,200 page views a day.

Amazing part is the average time on the site was about 3 minutes a visit now shot up to about 12-14 minutes per visit.

Bounce rate is how many just drop in and leave the next click. Before we where high at 69-71% where click in and leaving on the next click now we are drop to 21-30% so more are clicking in and staying.

As for Bing I've been check the search engine results and we are climbing into the ranks quickly.

As for Google we've got most of the links indexed but most pages are still a few pages back but climbing forward.

post-1-0-66379400-1388673206_thumb.png

post-1-0-59482200-1388673197_thumb.png

post-1-0-26330000-1388673189_thumb.png

Mike, 

I may have missed it along the way of change but for my experience, I think a lot of it may have to do with not being able to access the site via a tapatalk like app.  This is the part I may be missing but when the site changed over to the new setup I was unable to access the site on my phone via a mobile app.  I couldn't find it and no longer received anything via tapatalk.  Each time I would open it I had nothing there to look at.  At the time I thought it was just coincidence.  It took me nearly a week to have the time to get on the home computer and check the site as doing it via Safari from my phone is much like navigating through a nightmare for ME.

A majority of users are 50% or more inclined to use their smart device to access the internet maybe it had an impact.  I know it has definitely made an impact on my time to interact with the site/family.  If there is still a mobile version that I can place on my phone I will definitely do it, but I don't usually have a lot of time to dig around if an option does not present itself quickly.  Just a personal perspective.

• Owner

Mike, 

I may have missed it along the way of change but for my experience, I think a lot of it may have to do with not being able to access the site via a tapatalk like app.  This is the part I may be missing but when the site changed over to the new setup I was unable to access the site on my phone via a mobile app.  I couldn't find it and no longer received anything via tapatalk.  Each time I would open it I had nothing there to look at.  At the time I thought it was just coincidence.  It took me nearly a week to have the time to get on the home computer and check the site as doing it via Safari from my phone is much like navigating through a nightmare for ME.

A majority of users are 50% or more inclined to use their smart device to access the internet maybe it had an impact.  I know it has definitely made an impact on my time to interact with the site/family.  If there is still a mobile version that I can place on my phone I will definitely do it, but I don't usually have a lot of time to dig around if an option does not present itself quickly.  Just a personal perspective.

Just visit the site directly the site is already mobile ready and no longer requires interface software like Tapatalk or Forum runner to interface the forum to mobile / smart phones. This is a bonus for both of us. You because now you don't require to buy a app to surf the site and server is faster because it doesn't have to run interface software to translate for a smart phone. :thumb1:

Mike I noticed on this new forum that I'm no longer a contributing member.

I'd like others to know I'm not entirely a freeloader... I'll take being copper or even tin member :)

PM sent to you... :ashamed:

• Like 1

The only problems I am having is that when i view pages on my phone all I get is a grey screen until I scroll down the page then everything shows up like normal. Also noticed that if I type to fast there is lots of missed letters and spaces. I thought it was me just missing, but I started watching and it happens all the time.

• Owner

The only problems I am having is that when i view pages on my phone all I get is a grey screen until I scroll down the page then everything shows up like normal. Also noticed that if I type to fast there is lots of missed letters and spaces. I thought it was me just missing, but I started watching and it happens all the time.

Can you provide some information about your phone, OS and browser your using?

I'm using an iPhone and no problems here.