• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rebuilding Track Bar And Tie Rod Ends

I am considering using Luke's link to rebuild my track bar and tie rod ends. My criteria as always is, the best possible improvement for the money. Is anyone A where of a better solution when compared to the cost. In other words, buying all new components such as a track bar for $300 may be a better solution, but certainly not as frugal. Besides the Luke's link appears to be a permanent solution whereas a new factory or aftermarket track bar may be a temporary solution.

I've not been happy with the way my truck tracks when towing...  Had it out the other day as the Cirrus was in the shop...  and I had to stay on top of it as it wanted to wander.  Only 63,000Miles.  Last time the Dodge was on the lift, my front end guy said he thought (I think) a TRE was getting sloppy. 
I want this to track good.  I don't tow a lot but when I do, It's heavy!  What exactly is the best front end upgrade?  I'll have to explain it to my guy.  He seems to be conservative about big expensive overhauls.  

I have a couple of friends that have used the lukes links and neither would use them again, they wear faster than regular tie rod ends and require constant adjustment. I have not heard any good at all about using them in the track bar end link that wears out really fast from what I have heard and if you don't continually keep it adjusted ruins them real fast. I am a fan of nothing but a 3rd gen track bar upgrade and getting rid of the 4.5 turn gear box for a 3.3 turn Borgeson box. I have done every mod known to man on the several second gens I have owned over the years and these 2 mods are all that's needed for a much safer and stabile steering system that handles much better than stock. If one runs any kind of extra weight like a snow plow or heavy bumper and winches or large off road tires and actually off roads then a steering stabilizer can be added but not until you start into the criteria listed.

Edited by Wild and Free

I have had s lukes Link on my trackbar for 3 or maybe 4 years.  I checked it probably a year ago thinking it would need tightened and did try to snug it up.  I don't think I got even one notch.  Was still good and tight and appeared fine shape.  Rig drives good too.  JMHE.

I did the track bar and tie rod ends. I'm quite happy with them for the last 3 yr. I check them and lube them each oil change and have only adjusted the track bar end once. For the money they ara a good alt. to the almost 1000.00 to change track and tie rods. The only problem is the track bar end hits the diff. cover. The instructions say to peen the diff cover. The dent is small and hardly notice it. If I had the money I would buy all new, but budget wise Lukes Links were a great bargin.