• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Kids Misbehaving?

MoparMom

A Pilot Father's Love...

Most people today think it improper to discipline children,
so
I have tried other methods to control kids when they have had one of 'those moments.'

Since I'm a pilot, one method that I have found very effective is for me to just take the child for a short flight during which I say nothing and give the child the opportunity to reflect on his or her behavior.

I don't know whether it's the steady vibration from the engines, or just the time away from any distractions such as TV, video games, computer, iPod, etc.

Either way, the kid usually calms down and stops misbehaving after our flight together. I believe that eye to eye contact during these sessions is an important element in achieving the desired results.

I'
ve
included a photo below of one of
my
sessions with a child, in case you would like to use the technique.

post-126-0-92202900-1391549076_thumb.jpe
Should work with grandkids also!

• Like 2

When I was a kid in school and got in trouble in the 70's and 80's the teachers were not afraid to let you have it in a physical way. Ruler to the back of the head was a warning, a yard stick swung like a baseball bat to the back of the head meant business. That was if they didn't just grab you by the ear or hair on the back of your neck and pick you up off the ground and carry you to the principals office that way.

This was just the warm up for if your parents found out it got much worse if the news of bad behavior made it home before the bus. :punish:  :nono:  :cry:

I remember laughing at my mom after a spanking with a wooden paddle that broke on my back side, she told my father who then brought out a foot long piece of 3/8 fuel hose for the lickins after that......................Those hurt like hell and left marks for a week and the laughing stopped after a couple of those whoopins.

When I got older like in high school then it was an unsuspecting size 15 triple E redwing boot hooked to the end of the leg of a 6'3" 280 Lb man to my rear end from my father.

Edited by Wild and Free

When we were little, the old man would thump us on the back of the hand. In school back in the 60's we didn't get a warning. They just took you out in the hall and 2 or 3 teachers would decide how many licks you got. Then you hoped you didn't have to take home for the parents opinion on the subject. There was no joy in that.