• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see you lurking about Mopar1973Man.Com reading articles and reading other member's posts. Are you trying to solve a problem with your Dodge / Ram Turbo Diesel Cummins? We have lots of helpful members and staff on the Mopar1973Man.Com and are willing to give guidance on how to fix or improve your truck. You know when you see good valued information here on Mopar1973Man.Com. We are not corporate owned like many of the other websites out there. Like Cummins Forum (VerticalScope Inc.). Mopar1973Man.Com is entirely privately owned and operated since 2004. Your subscription funds goes towards server maintenance and software maintenance. We happen to be one of the most friendliest and helpful websites for Cummins Owners in the world. Come join us and register and then pick a subscription plan

Few steps further along.  Thinking this is how the top "corner" will be.  Gaps will all have to be "normailzed" with weld wire welded to the door edges at some point.  Next steps will be to skin the doors and build up the inside.

20210331_165545.jpg

20210331_165552.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

more progress...              

car club meeting last night so tossed a few parts on to show the vision...  

well, it's in and works!    

Posted Images

been a while, but got some work done finally.  What took 2 days should have taken a few hours....was in a highway speed accident lasy weekend where a guy blew his stop sign...not fun.

20210502_172523.jpg

20210502_172511_1.jpg

20210502_172501.jpg

crash.jpg

• Sad 3

Ouch on that new truck. All are ok I hope.

The pointy looks better from that angle. That is alot of work in that area.

• Administrator

That Chevy held up good. Any accident you can walk away from is always a good thing. Sorry for the misfortune of having an accident but glad your not hurt.

As for the build I was wondering how your going to do the doors.

Posted (edited)

yah, I likely was a few hundreths of a second away from never posting here again...:wow:

Meanwhile, first latch installed in the door, today I'll get the pin mounted and pray nothing locks up!  

20210503_192846.jpg

Edited by PilotHouse2500

Dont stop posting, please. This has been very interesting to watch and would hate to not see the end product. Keep up the good work.

• Board Of Directors

I hope that I never said anything wrong @PilotHouse2500 to make you want to stop posting. I am very sorry if I did. My wife says that I am always guilty of saying the wrong things, have been beaten with strong words many times and deserved it.

• Board Of Directors
9 hours ago, PilotHouse2500 said:

No, I meant I was likely a few hundredths of a second from not being on this planet as a living being....if he had T-boned us at 60+ mph....I don't think I'd have made it.

I am really glad you made it thru that. And I hope you get treated right from the insurance.

What made them loose control? In the brief video they appear to going just fine then just swerved to the left.

49 minutes ago, PilotHouse2500 said:

Video?

I think @dripley is mistaken your thread for @Blueox01 one similar situations, he may need some of that blinker fluid too :sofa:

I should add blueox01 video is posted in my thread "my truck almost killed me" but I know he posted it before too. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

I think @dripley is mistaken your thread for @Blueox01 one similar situations, he may need some of that blinker fluid too :sofa:

I should add blueox01 video is posted in my thread "my truck almost killed me" but I know he posted it before too. 

22 minutes ago, Blueox01 said:

20190905_095719.jpg

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

I was hauling the boat in below.

Edited by Blueox01

Yep thats the one. I came home to only 3 cans of blinker fluid and one can I put in the freezer yesterday. But I do have a jug of high test in the cabinet. Crown Royal Black. I need some of that now.  Sorry for my confusion. Maybe to much high test fuel.

• Haha 3
Posted (edited)

Another door I had laying around made the ultimate sacrifice yesterday (at one point I had 17 doors, got down to 6, will now be down to 2).  I like how it's looking, trying to keep the "look" of the styling of the era.

20210505_173406.jpg

20210505_173359.jpg

Edited by PilotHouse2500
  • Like 2
  • Board Of Directors
13 hours ago, dripley said:

Yep thats the one. I came home to only 3 cans of blinker fluid and one can I put in the freezer yesterday. But I do have a jug of high test in the cabinet. Crown Royal Black. I need some of that now.  Sorry for my confusion. Maybe to much high test fuel.

Do you have any extra for guys blinkers almost completely wore out?