• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner
1 hour ago, PilotHouse2500 said:

still working on the project, but it is on hold.  My position was eliminated at work and I'm on the hunt for work and doing a lot of woodworking to help pay bills right now instead of playing truck.

Rough out there... I understand your position really well myself. 

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm back in business, a few wood projects to finish up I contracted for while between positions, but I started my new job 2 weeks ago.....at Cummins!  I'm in Power Gen systems (diesel gensets), but I'm now part of a great company, with cool products!  I hope to get back on the truck here in January.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

I remember when those trucks first came out because it was the talk of the town and local loggers, contractors, farmers where buying them up. It took till 1996 when I bought my first one.... a 92 5 spd. I drove for over 20 years. Loved that old truck.

Edited by JAG1

• 1 month later...

Well, wood projects wrapping up for the winter.  After almost a year, I'm getting back to TODD.  Last night I cut all the bracing out I had in for the roof build.  Now I can weld in new bracing so I can cut the floor out.  Then I will weld in new sill beams (2 X 4 x .125 tubular steel you can see them laying in the cab) and some cross members.  Hopefully in Feb I will be pulling the 94 into the shop and start tear down so I can get the cab set this spring.  Sure opens the cab up inside!

20180116_165917.jpg

20180116_165936.jpg

20180116_165927.jpg

Edited by PilotHouse2500
  • Like 3

sooo...as I lay in bed this morning, waiting to get up (stupid brain) I thought to myself:

1.  how spendy would a manual transmission be for this project to swap in?

2. how available are said transmissions?

3.  Would my old, almost fresh off of rebuild, be easy to sell and for how much?

First off I would like to say great job, going to be a very unique truck when your done. 

As as far as finding a manual should be pretty easy, and available in a reman, only thing you would probably have to pay  core charge if you don’t have one. Been looking got one myself, I like the nv4500 myself but others may tune in with different options, and $1000 core seems to be about the norm. Added to the cost of the reman.