• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Consider when to travel dirt road short cuts...

• Owner

Yeah gang...

I ran away with the RV once again. This trip I learn a lesson. Consider you short cuts and road conditions wisely.

post-1-0-44682800-1398630594_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-55916900-1398630605_thumb.jpg

MoparMom and I ran out toward Lewiston, ID for a two day getaway. But on my way to Lewiston I normally always take Tolo Lake cut off and sneak across a few miles of dirt roads to save a bit of time. Well this time the roads where wet and possibly freshly graded. I look in the mirrors and could see mud being slung as high as the roof. I couldn't resist I had to grab the camera and shot some pictures.

Yea, I've done stuff like that. Went down a shortcut with my boat that was so bad I had to go home and fiberglass the hole I put in the hull so I could use it again........

• Owner

You should of seen the looks I got from all the RV'ers in Hell's Gate RV park. Fancy diesel pushers and 5th wheel trailers and here I pull in with a muddy RV and pickup. Oh boy! I was a good conversation piece in that campground. I kind of screwed up and parked in the wrong spot #39 and started rinsing off some of the mud and then some one pulls up and says "I think your in the wrong spot." sure enough I looked again at the receipt I was suppose to be in #49...  :doh:  :duh: 

http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/hells-gate-state-park/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=ID&parkId=311023#sr

• Owner

What took you to lewiston? I try not to linger around there much, stinks! :sick:

:lmao::lmao2: Good ol' Potlatch paper mill. Ya it stinks but believe it or not we must of had the wind in own favor. Most of the time we were there it really didn't smell to bad.

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/hbo/2012/jan/10/duroc-its-too-bad-lewiston-smells/

I know it’s the “smell of money.”

• Owner

Too bad all those do it yourself car washes have disappeared and been replaced with drive thru ones. Can't hardly find one anymore when you need one.

Paid $8 bucks to get the truck wash in Lewiston all hand washed and then rinsed and blow dried. Still got filthy coming back home in rain and snow showers. Hence even this morning there is snow on the ground just above us. (Ugh!)

• Staff

I know that cutoff well, but we normally use Johnston cutoff (saves 3 miles) as we have found Tolo Lake (saves 5 miles) to add time even thou it decreases miles.

Our camper looked pretty similar this weekend, but I will say the NK mudflaps on the hitch really keep the front clean. It took $8 at the pressure washer to get the truck and camper mostly white again.

We woke up to it snowing on us yesterday morning at 3685', and went for a drive and it was starting to stick at 4,500'. By the time we left at 1pm it had quit and rain had started, then hit us with sleet on the drive out.

30 miles, round trip, of dirt in the rain will get some stuff dirty!!

• 3 weeks later...