• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Smoking Trucks / Coal Rollers?

I sure hope the left sees this rebellion for its face value and puts the blame where it belongs, but I have a feeling this is gonna be just another black eye we can't afford.

Hookin up to a sled or running a 1/4 mile is one thing, but the whole "Rollin Coal" gig is a sure sign of immaturity, or maybe a lack of education? I dont know... Can't tell ya how many kids see me in my truck and think they gotta give me the ol black cloud salute... ahhhhh!!

I've given many of them a reprimand if I get the chance, I even got my kids on board (thank god, cuz my oldest is begging me for a diesel for his first vehicle)

CSM hit it on ther head, stay classy diesel community!

• Like 2

^^^^ you said it Oak,

I have no issue with a truck blowing some smoke,  but for it to be the sole purpose of owning a diesel and exploited like it is pisses me off.  Half of the trucks I know running around doing it are also never hooked to a damn thing, be it trailer, fiver, sled, or even loaded heavy to justify owning one for its built purpose.   I too get the frequent smoke wave from the boys in the area, and I often get to talk to them about it when I go to work.  Why is it so complicated for them to see, and when everyone gets cracked down upon, they will ***** the EPA had no right to do anything and it wasn't their fault.  #$@%

Definitely not a good thing. What these kids need to understand is while they are working for the money to build their trucks to roll coal, the environmentalists are working to pass legislation to stop them. Those peoples lives revolve around their cause. It is what they do.

• Like 1

Rollin' Coal is huge down here in the South. It seems to be the main reason for owning a diesel and it feeds the stereotype that we are all just dumb hicks.  If you look at some of the trucks down here they're falling apart and barely running but they've invested the time and money to install the all important stack and turn the fuel up.  It's like everything else, a few bad eggs makes it hell on the rest of us.

• Like 1

That's nothing new to be honest. It was illegal to remove the stupid smog pumps in the 70s and cut the catalytic convertors out when they get rusted or plugged and replace them with a straight pipe, but people have been doing it for decades. People that live in counties that require annual inspections are forced to stay a little more honest, but if you live in a county like I do you can get away with just about anything you want as long as you don't get stupid (like rollin' coal!!)

• Like 1

This isnt good. If you read the epa's statement, it says anything that modifys stock tuning is illegal. The epa is going to start throwing their typical 3 year old child fit until the government does something. This will mean fines for anybody that doesnt have a stock pickup. Hello 1970 muscle cars.

Edited by mopartechnician

Definitely not a good thing. What these kids need to understand is while they are working for the money to build their trucks to roll coal, the environmentalists are working to pass legislation to stop them. Those peoples lives revolve around their cause. It is what they do.

man,  that is  so true.^^^^^     Find a  'cause'  and   jump on the  soap box.     (and  collect  trainloads of   'donations'  from  the  'feel your pain' crowd)  

I wonder how  much more  natural resources  these  guys  burn up....  tearing around the country  and  thumping their manifesto chests...  in order to  'save' the  planet??

:soap:

I've been saying this all long. The fact we are going around the same circle as we did back in the late 60's with muscle cars and now doing it all over again with diesel trucks.

When the VAST majority of AmeriKans DO NOT want freedom nor a democratic form of government but a "JUST MASTER" this will always be the case whether it be diesel trucks, guns, ATV's, the size of your home, etc.   The concept, value, and reason of and for VOLUNTARY  SELF GOVERNANCE (a CLOSE relative of COMMON SENSE) is TOTALLY lost on these moronic sheep.  Hence why there are so many ridiculous laws for every little thing in our society. 

Sorry for the rant but this just REALLY pisses me off! :mad:

• Like 2

The Environmental Protection Agency has quietly claimed that it has the authority to unilaterally garnish the wages of individuals who have been accused of violating its rules. 

The big "accused" word is very troubling. Gee, whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? (As if we should even have to worry about the EPA OF ALL ENTITIES. I bet Jefferson Franklin, Adams and Livingston are all rollin' in their graves right now

• Like 2