• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

5.9 vs 6.7 exhaust manifold

So in order to complete my conversion kit for my he351ve swap, I'm having trouble deciding which exhaust manifold to use. I'm trying to figure out whether or not I will see anything negative with running the 6.7 manifold than the 5.9l. Flow restrictions, etc. Sound is not a huge deal since its all going to change anyways.

I don't want to keep mulcher hanging by a string, lol.

Yea, I was hoping maybe some of those guys could chime in on the performance or lack of it about the manifolds. I know there is emissions stuff for them, but dunno if even after being blocked off if they do okay or if the manifold is still poorly designed for what I have in mind...

Texas, I've reviewed that thread a few times. I have not read all the pages because its 80 pages long, but it seems like he reuses the 24v manifold and does not even have to alter the he351 mounting? In his pictures, you don't see anything special done to it, just bolted straight up and no adapter or anything!

The VE will not bolt directly to the 2nd gen manifold without machine work. There is an Ebay adapter that will allow fitting, but in 4WD models you will have shock bolt issues.

3rd gen manifolds will work & provide enough for 450-500 HP on a Common rail 6.7, so I doubt you will have backpressure issues. Get the downpipe for it if going this route & oil feed & return lines will have to be modded or replaced.

The sound is from the turbo, not the manifold.

Ed

• Like 3

• Staff

Yankneck nailed it, the VE flange is different that a T3 flange.

The biggest difference is where the turbo sits, but some get it to fit with just the adapter.

You may also ask a company like steedspeed if they will make you a manifold with the WGMT flange in the 2nd gen location.

• Like 1