• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

scangage ll oil pressure

I have a scangage II that I use as a monitor and want it to display my oil pressure. Has anybody been able to get it to read the oil pressure from the pcm.

I haven't been able to figure how to get my truck to show at the bottom of my posts so any help would be appreciated so here it is

1998.5 stock except BHAF , ISSPRO A pillar gauges , 4" exhaust , BD boost fooler waste gate line plugged

I cant make any sense of the schematics in my manual but I went to a local shop and they looked it up on ALLDATA and it shows that the oil pressure signal from the sending unit goes to the PCM so I would think that the scangage should be able to see it. Has anybody found a web sit that lists these numbers that I can try.

• Staff

98-02 use a oil pressure sensor, so the PCM/ECM does see actual pressure. Depending on the year, and/or flash, the gauge on the dash is fake and algorythim driven. The sensor is an actual sensor, but that's about as far as the real reading goes.

The Scan Gauge could probably be programmed to read it, but good luck.

The 03+ trucks are even more hindered as all they have is a 6 psi switch, not a pressure sensor.

I even called Ultragauge & they are unwilling to delve into our generation of trucks for any more information.

I think I am soon going to drop some major coin on a Drewteck Cardaq to be able to decypher the SCI bus, OBD II signals & the J1939 data port.

It's a lot of money, but inquiring minds want to know.

Ed

• Like 1