• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So I was approached yesterday with a strange offer. A gentleman near my buddy's shop offered to trade me an 08 6.7 Mega cab for my truck. Straight up title for title. I thought he was full of it but today he did it again. So here I am asking myself really?? Are our trucks becoming that sought after? Talking to my buddy he says the guy is a builder, ie builds lots of cars from insurance yards to Craigslist.The truck has an H&S EGR delete and 4" exhaust with no cat. What do you think? I love my truck and all but :shrug:

Here in this small farming community, most of the common rails are gone & they are going back to the older trucks for reliability. CRs have bad problems with water/contaminated fuel. It usually ends up with a hung injector & it cuts right through the piston. Then, where do you think the fuel goes?

Ed

Yeah not sure if it was a roll over project or a flood or what? If it was damaged he did a pretty good job putting it back together for sure. The odometer only reads 41xxx so I'm not real sure that's correct. If I was to do the trade the I think the first thing to deal with would be the lift pump and some way to filter the water out of it.

It definitely does sound like one of those to-good-to-be-true situations. There must be something wrong with his. If he is really serious, maybe you can take a look deeper into his truck or run it by a shop? I just don't know if I would be comfortable trading my truck like that unless I new the exact history of the truck I would be getting. Just my opinions of course.

• Like 1

I would take a 3rd gen over a second gen any day. Now that i got another megacab i will never go back to a 2nd. My pickup currently has 223,000 miles on the original injectors.

I agree, after having 3 second gens and constantly working and tweaking on them my 05 3rd gen has been a dream, 115K miles as of this week and other than replacing the ball joints has been rock solid, much more solid cab and frame and overall just higher quality in my opinion.

Heck, a quad cab 4X4 in good condition sells in a day here for 15K.

They know they cannot run their common rail on the farm fuel they store in their own tanks.

Ed

That's  a  scary prospect....   there are a LOT  of   $150k-250k   CR  tractors   burning  up  fuel  from those  same   tanks..