• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Can't believe I did this

you may have rubbed  the bottom of the tank hard enough to  bust off the  draw straw/ or whatever you are using...  I've  had em  much steeper than yours, and  didn't  die.

I hope it's just  low fuel!

Looking at the pic,   you probably had  most of the trucks weight on  the tank for a little bit..  before the  front wheels landed!

Edited by rancherman
  • Like 1

• Staff

Oh Man, I hope you get it out of there. These trucks are still worth 18 grand in nice shape. That's according to Craigslist and driving around seeing them for sale. I guess it's cause they look better than any other generation dodge IMHO.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

Once again the people on this forum have proved to be very helpful! This is a great forum, it is refreshing to get advice without all the trash talking! That was the result of A huricane Norbert, 4.5 inces of rain in about 5 hours, that road was a river. I did get it pulled out with a backhoe, fixed the driveway, will look into fuel I bet you all are correct and I am relieved! Thank you all again, will let you know what happens!

• Like 1

• Owner

I really can't see anything wrong with the truck at that angle.

post-2376-0-32060200-1410230171.jpg

The tank should be rearward from the point of contact so I don't think anything is damaged in the tank. I'd be looking at the transfer case and transmission myself because of the point of contact. I would for the sake of knowing I would check the error codes something might of triggered it to shut down like low oil pressure? The error code might be there to give clues to you.

I am kind of surprised that the airbags didnt go off with a hit like that. You must really have to hit these trucks hard to set them things off.

As for the truck not starting, does it at least crank over? What condition are the batteries in? Do you happen to know your fuel pressure? I am just trying to think of the things I would start checking if it were my truck. Checking the error codes is a great idea too. If something shorted out or whatever it should show up as an error code.

I do have an Airdog pump but it is above the skid plate, no codes, haven't had a chance to try and bleed the fuel system yet, to busy resurrecting the driveway! It is a blessing to have 4.5 acres in the desert but it does take work! Thanks to all

• Like 1

I guess I haven't  been under a  extended cab with  short®  box..    where exactly  does the  front  of the  tank come on these?  

Air bags  have a low limit?   gotta be running   a certain speed to  activate?

My neighbor  was  chasing  some bulls across a pasture  in a  90's  ford pickup..    and  he  hit  some  badger mounds  and  'poof'...   lets  just  say the  chase was  over!

• Owner
I guess I haven't  been under a  extended cab with  short®  box..    where exactly  does the  front  of the  tank come on these?

It comes just barely under the back of the cab. At least on my 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 short box.

Air bags  have a low limit?   gotta be running   a certain speed to  activate?

Most airbag system basically are trigger by a gold plated ball bearing stuck to a magnet so if the impact force is strong enough to separate the steel ball from the magnet it deploys the airbags. There is many other systems used out there I've seen but the most common is the gold plated steel ball stuck to a magnet.

My neighbor  was  chasing  some bulls across a pasture  in a  90's  ford pickup..    and  he  hit  some  badger mounds  and  'poof'...   lets  just  say the  chase was  over!

Now once again depending on the trigger method it might be really easy to trigger and it might be hard.

ImageForArticle_40%281%29.jpg

• Like 1