• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Airdog quality

Back in 07 I bought a PF100 for an 01 24v that I had. In less than a year I was on my 3rd pump, (all covered under warranty). The first one burnt its self out due to being restricted, the second one quit due to a cheap o-ring that shrunk in the cold weather allowing the pump to suck air. The 3rd pump seemed to work alright but by then the blue fuel lines had started to show dry rot cracks. I ended up selling the truck not to long after that so I wasnt able to really put the pump to the test. To those who have and are currently running an Airdog, have you experienced an issues?

A few weeks ago I picked up a basically stock 02 24v and have been looking for lift pump replacement options. Naturally Airdog is the first name that comes to mind. I see now they have a few different models Is there any benifit with the Aridog II over the PF100? My over all goal for the truck is somewhere in the neighborhood of 475 ponies, and whatever torque figure that get me.

• Owner

Yeah, if you get a current Airdog, just mount it with wingnuts for faster swapout......

Ed

Comparing mine from 2006 to current.

* Mounting brackets are now plastic compare to steel in the past.

* Wingnuts is news to me but my old 2006 is all Nyloc and harden bolts (grade 5 I think).

* Plumbing is quick connect and pre-cut. My old system gave you the fittings and a roll of hose. This made it nice for custom installs.

Hows the FASS system compare? Back when I installed my original Airdog I heard the FASS pumps were known to leak. I've been doing some reading on the FuelBoss, so far it sounds more reliable than any electic pump on the market.

Comparing mine from 2006 to current.

* Mounting brackets are now plastic compare to steel in the past.

* Wingnuts is news to me but my old 2006 is all Nyloc and harden bolts (grade 5 I think).

* Plumbing is quick connect and pre-cut. My old system gave you the fittings and a roll of hose. This made it nice for custom installs.

ED is just being a smart A$$ about the wingnuts..... He's saying be prepared to replace it quickly and often. OP go with Fass. They make a high quality pump that has a great mounting system!

• Like 1

Sad to say most here will suggest you look towards FASS now being AirDog have lost there quality in the pumps. Seems like you here of constant issues with AirDogs now and most are looking for other options like FASS or FuelBoss (mechanical pump).

Yeah, if you get a current Airdog, just mount it with wingnuts for faster swapout......

Ed

Dagnabbit!      for the last 2 years   I thought the consensus   'here'  was  they   sure had  problems  when the  company   was  changed  up..   either  management or  engineering...   but  I  would've sworn  it  was  confirmed that   it was a  temp deal.   (units   built  for  6-12  months) 

IIRC   something about  the  seals  going bad,  letting fuel into the  windings???

Almost  seems  like    you  two  guys  (moparman, yankneck)   were  the  ones   adamant   on  saying      certain  dates  of  manufacturing      was  the cut-off,   but  supposedly    by   the end of  that next year   airdog  had their  'stuff' back  together????????  

Did  I miss  the  'memo'??

My warranty replacement pump just about a year ago had wild fluctuations right off the bat. I constantly came to their defense, until I had problems & my replacement was junk. ME##### had, I believe 5 replacements.

Read http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/general-diesel-discussion/905914-please-beware-pureflow-products-including-airdog-raptor.html

That will show the continued lack of correcting the issues & excuses.

Ed

All I can tell you is I have a Fass Platinum 150 and haven't had any problems yet.  Came with everything you need for installation.  I was going to tell you to not buy the Platinum but go with the Titanium series because that's the only thing I would change. After looking at the Fass website I see the Fass Platinum is now discontinued and I can see why. For a few dollars more I could have had the Titanium which is a filter and water separator instead of having to custom build a bracket and buy a filter housing to install a 2 micron filter in place of the stock location. That was before I found this forum and a little info can go a long way.  As for the blue hose, I read about the dry rot so I used split loom to cover all of mine. Either the loom will protect it or it will hold water and make it worse. So far so good, only time will tell. Eaton makes a nice durable biodiesel compatible fuel hose but its a little pricey. Just my two cents.

Can you post a link? I found the build but could find what you are talking about

The problems start here... http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-non-powertrain/1134602-grey-goat-build-thread-7.html

Here are the results I guess you can call them  http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-non-powertrain/1134602-grey-goat-build-thread-14.html

Dagnabbit!      for the last 2 years   I thought the consensus   'here'  was  they   sure had  problems  when the  company   was  changed  up..   either  management or  engineering...   but  I  would've sworn  it  was  confirmed that   it was a  temp deal.   (units   built  for  6-12  months) 

IIRC   something about  the  seals  going bad,  letting fuel into the  windings???

Almost  seems  like    you  two  guys  (moparman, yankneck)   were  the  ones   adamant   on  saying      certain  dates  of  manufacturing      was  the cut-off,   but  supposedly    by   the end of  that next year   airdog  had their  'stuff' back  together????????  

Did  I miss  the  'memo'??

they may have fixed stuff, who knows, they have yet to come and give us any indication that they fixed anything.  We have asked for a range of serial numbers that are effected by the bad design.  They won't give us anything.   They have completely dissapeared and offer no support, just look at their vendor page on Cumminsforum. 

Personally I wouldn't ever run their product again due to their complete lacking of accountablity.  They really couldn't care less about their customers.  At the VERY least FASS is around helping people.